• In the Spotlight:

2nd Baby Shower...after baby is born...

I am having baby #2 in October...and I FEEL that I am having a girl. I don't intend to find out...but I would like to have a shower, especially if it's a girl! We have mother blessings for every pregnancy, but as far as baby gifts, I would love a shower, even if just for clothes.
Because we don't plan to find out what we're having, I wouldn't want it until AFTER the baby is born...and this way, it could be a meet-n-greet too :)
Would you do this? Has anyone ever been to a shower like this?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:54 PM on Mar. 30, 2011 in Pregnancy

• A friend of mine didn't have a choice, her little boy came the day before the shower :P This is a very practical way of going about it, just have some general ideas about what you'd like (colors, themes,etc) before, so that when baby does come everyone is not totally rushing about looking for things.
    EdwinsMommy

Answer by EdwinsMommy at 7:57 PM on Mar. 30, 2011

• Same w my friend. The baby came the morning of the shower & he was 3 weeks at his own party. It was really different & he got tons of attention!
    shynu

Answer by shynu at 8:01 PM on Mar. 30, 2011

• I asked for my "family" shower to be given AFTER the birth. My co-workers and friends gave me one before.
    brypmom

Answer by brypmom at 8:03 PM on Mar. 30, 2011

• When I was having babies, we couldn't find out what the sex of the baby was---no sonograms,etc. But my best friend gave me a shower for my second baby and I was so thrilled and surprised I didn't care if they gave me all green or yellow things...LOL. I had a girl a month later. The shower was so fun!
    minnesotanice

Answer by minnesotanice at 10:23 PM on Mar. 30, 2011

• I would do it, but I wouldnt call it a baby shower....call it a Welcoming Party !
    I would also not do a registry. If people want to bring a gift it should be up to them ...unless they ask you.

Wish2Be

Answer by Wish2Be at 8:17 AM on Mar. 31, 2011

• I think it's almost MORE important to register for a second child...since I have a lot of things and only need very specific things. I figure people will bring girly clothes more than anything anyway...and those I will need :P~
    My close friends have already offered to get the things we really want/need. We did a registry for our son's first birthday, and that was really helpful.
    Besides, for my first shower (before my son was born) half the people ignored the registry anyway LOL

Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 12:47 PM on Mar. 31, 2011