Keystone Light commercial...are they calling themselves the "red neck" beer?

Have you seen it? The guy in the commercial is they stereotype of "white trash" . Keystone is a cheaper beer and it seems like they are marketing towards poor people. Let me see if I can You Tube it for ya.

What are your thoughts? Funny, condesending, or both?

Musicmom80

Asked by Musicmom80 at 8:18 PM on Mar. 30, 2011 in Entertainment

• I come from a family of "rednecks", lol.  I find it offensive because we drink Bud in my family, ha ha.  We may live in trailors and sport mullets but damnit we don't mess around when it comes to beer.  I haven't actually watched the commercial but being a redneck is something my family and I joke about so no, I don't take offense.

MrsHouston47302

Answer by MrsHouston47302 at 8:21 PM on Mar. 30, 2011

• They are full of themselves if they are attempting to be the redneck beer. All the rednecks I know drink PBR, Bud Light, or Coors.
    pookiekins34

Answer by pookiekins34 at 8:23 PM on Mar. 30, 2011

• haha! We are sort of hillbilly ourselves... I just thought about it after seeing the commercial. We own a doublwide right now, and I noticed a lot of the crappier trailers across the way where all they do is party, that's what they drink. I see boxes of it on garbage day. It's actually not a bad tasting beer!
    Musicmom80

Comment by Musicmom80 (original poster) at 8:28 PM on Mar. 30, 2011

• I agree with pookiekins, they must be fooling themselves. If my family buy "cheap" beer, it's "Natty" Light...lol Natural Light. Otherwise it is Miller Light or Bud Light.
    mommy_jules

Answer by mommy_jules at 8:33 PM on Mar. 30, 2011

• My dads people are from Kentucky, my moms people are from Tennessee.  I've actually asked my dad why he drinks Bud and that was his response.  He said "darlin, we may live in trailors and sport mullets but I'll be damned if we skimp on the beer", lol.  I think so many jokes are made about rednecks that hey you might as well have fun with it.  So that's what we do.  When my dad says "tomatoes", it's "tamaters".  It's all about having fun and being happy with who you are I think.  I think if you take offense to it then you haven't embraced your true redneck self, lol.

MrsHouston47302

Answer by MrsHouston47302 at 8:34 PM on Mar. 30, 2011

• I forgot Natural Light. My cousin would be very upest if he knew I forgot Natty Light.
    pookiekins34

Answer by pookiekins34 at 8:36 PM on Mar. 30, 2011

• Oh Houston! Embrace me! Embrace me! LMAO!!

We drive our four wheeler around the park in the summer..hehe. I heard a song about me and my hubby the other day! We are high class white trash. We live in a nice, newer doublewide, flat screen tvs, nice cars in the driveway and a few toys on the side..hehe.
    Musicmom80

Comment by Musicmom80 (original poster) at 8:37 PM on Mar. 30, 2011

• i find it funny, but only because it's always been a joke among people I've known that Keystone Light and PBR are the "red-neck" beers. I'm not really sure why. I guess because it's the cheapest of the beers.
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 8:38 PM on Mar. 30, 2011

• My cousin embraces his redneck side. He has one of those coolers on wheels with a motor. He rides the thing everywhere.He is covered in Real Tree attire.
    pookiekins34

Answer by pookiekins34 at 8:39 PM on Mar. 30, 2011

• Eh, lives too short. Some of the most awesome people in life are included. No worries.
    chgomom

Answer by chgomom at 8:44 PM on Mar. 30, 2011