The opinions my child has sometimes... do you wonder?

My DS, 5, just came out for an extra bedtime hug. I took the opportunity to say I'd be gone in the morning when he woke up cause I had a Dr. appointment for the baby (expecting in July). He asked if he could come to play with the toys, which don't exist at my OB, he was thinking of my family Dr. So I explained my sick Dr. had toys, but the babies Dr. did not. She just listened to make sure the baby was healthy and kicking. He thought for a minute and goes "she? or he? is your Dr. a she?" So I replied yes, a she. He goes "oh good. you should have a she, not a he." I was like why does whether mommy has a girl Dr. or boy Dr. matter? and he goes "well, because you're a she, so that's what you get." Very matter of factly LOL. I had no idea my 5 year old was so opinionated on my Dr.'s gender. Do your preschooler's have very strong opinions on some things that make you scratch your head?

ba13ygrl1987

Asked by ba13ygrl1987 at 8:21 PM on Mar. 30, 2011 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• My 5 year old is getting ready to start school so we've been having the private body parts talks.  I hadn't been able to actually get a conversation going, it was just me talking and hoping he was listening.  Well today my hub and I were talking about getting him registered for school next week and all of a sudden my son walks up to hub and says "I'm going to start school and NOBODY I mean NOBODY is going to touch my private parts".  He said it with such force, I was like oh yes thankyou, lol.

MrsHouston47302

Answer by MrsHouston47302 at 8:42 PM on Mar. 30, 2011

• HAHAHAHA! And yes. lol. Though not so much opinion as point of view, my daughter tells me all the time that when she gets older, I am going to be a baby and she is going to take care of me. She says, "When I get older than you, then I will feed you/put you in your carseat/push you in the cart/tuck you in/read to you(etc)" LOL. At least I know she will be willing to change my diapers when I get too old to go to the bathroom. LOL.
    Kword

Answer by Kword at 8:44 PM on Mar. 30, 2011

• That's very cute. And yes, I have a 3 year old and sometimes he says something and I'm like "well, then....ok"

Love it up now (soon it won't be so cute! LOL)
    SouthernMama08

Answer by SouthernMama08 at 8:45 PM on Mar. 30, 2011

• lol my 3 year old ds told me tonight that his dinner was "delushes" lol it was cute because he said right after he took a bite and went "yum. its delushes, mommy" yet he didnt eat it after a few bites!!! lol
    dreamangel06

Answer by dreamangel06 at 10:09 PM on Mar. 30, 2011

• lol, my dd will be completely honest with you about things. A few months ago my dad gained a few extra pounds in his belly from when he was on vacation and she says to us (while I was holding her baby sister).. "look mommy, papa is going to have a baby too".

xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 2:33 PM on Mar. 31, 2011

• or last night I pre pumped and wanted to have a glass of wine (I only endulge once a month, with one drink, lol). So anyways, I had a glass and she thought it was grape juice and asked if she could have some.. I told her it was only a drink she could have when she's as big as mommy. (I told her this as I was laying down in bed). So she stands up in bed and says, " Well I'm bigger than you NOW, so can I have some NOW". lolol.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 2:35 PM on Mar. 31, 2011

• Oh yes the opinions. The other day my three year old son told me in a condescending voice after I had announced our shopping plans, Mommy I am just sick of Walmart, Target is so much better. Lets go there. He also prefers Lowes to Home Depot.
    hotelmom123

Answer by hotelmom123 at 4:33 PM on Apr. 1, 2011