Libya.......Boots on the Ground ?

There is mention on the BBC web site that President Obama has authorised covert action in Libya , presumably in support of the rebels . Also that in fact American and British Special Forces are already there anyway.

Does this suggest to you, in tandem with the defection of Moussa Kouassa to Britain, that the policy towards Libya is now hardeneing ?

Any views and comments ?

janet116

Asked by janet116 at 8:39 PM on Mar. 30, 2011 in Politics & Current Events

• In all matters of War, I feel that the President as a Boss in defence of our American people did his part to help to keep our good standing with Allies that have asked for our help to level the playing field to protect and help our Allies. In hopes that if we need their help at a future time. That we will stand side by side to defend our Country with the Alies that we have helped in defence of thier country.
    Glo402813

Answer by Glo402813 at 1:53 AM on Mar. 31, 2011

• Why am I not surprised. Tell me..what is the objective...? IMO if a single boot hits the ground there he ought to be have Articles of Impeachment brought against him. He has no authority whatsoever to do this. His little war has already cost us almost..if not already $600 million dollars.
    yourspecialkid

Answer by yourspecialkid at 10:02 PM on Mar. 30, 2011

• So the "few days" Obama promised, was yet another lie?! Hmmmm....got to love all of that hope and change!
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 9:00 PM on Mar. 30, 2011

• Oh yes we can! Put boots on the ground, that is...
    agentwanda

Answer by agentwanda at 9:08 PM on Mar. 30, 2011

• You know what? We don't have the damned $$$. How much you wanna bet the troops won't get hazard pay? LOL! I could scream.
    Raine2001

Answer by Raine2001 at 10:13 PM on Mar. 30, 2011

• It breaks my heart. I think that we are about to enter into another full fledged war
    adnilm

Answer by adnilm at 8:41 PM on Mar. 30, 2011

• There was a man on some news channel within the past couple fo days who said he saw us headed for WW 3 with everything going on in lYbia and Syria. Wish I could remember who he was and what news channel. He is on to something.
    pookiekins34

Answer by pookiekins34 at 9:03 PM on Mar. 30, 2011

• This type of surgical warfare always requires "boots" on the ground to paint the targets...not the Tomahawks but all of the other precision bombing. He lied from the get-go and he is still lying...It would all be winding down if he had cut off the head of the snake. Calypso Louie got to him and reminded him what they talked about when he sat at his table in Chicago...Farrakhan is a friend and supporter of Khadafi, as is Jeremiah Wright.
    annabarred

Answer by annabarred at 12:05 AM on Mar. 31, 2011

• It all falls under the "liberation of repressed people" I'm active so yeah, we've been warned there will be boots on the ground. hello iraq part 2.
    Audrice1985

Answer by Audrice1985 at 11:09 PM on Mar. 30, 2011

• I, too, think we are headed into another war.

The bad thing is Obama will have us fighting WITH our enemies.
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 3:51 AM on Mar. 31, 2011