What does this sound like?

im 38 weeks and im 2 cm dilated,after having sex i get cramps in my back amd my belly get hard sometimes. what does this sound like? im trying to make labor get started should i keep having sex with the back pain?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:41 PM on Mar. 30, 2011 in Pregnancy

• It sounds like you could be in labor a little. I had HORRIBLE back pains when I was in full on labor. I bet you go into labor soon ;o)

Good Luck!! :o)
    alyssamal

Answer by alyssamal at 8:42 PM on Mar. 30, 2011

• it sounds like Braxton hicks to me. Youre still only 38 weeks theres almost no point trying to MAKE it come, itll come when the baby is ready
    Anonymous

• Does it happen evertime you had sex? If so that is normal. Also if it doesn't stop I'd say that's labor. Sometimes sex can make you have braxton hicks.
    Liamsmom09

Answer by Liamsmom09 at 8:49 PM on Mar. 30, 2011

• if you havent lost your plug yet it might be starting but if the plug is gone i would stop having sex asap in case your water breaks too lol that might be odd for both of you. go on a walk. I walked for 2 hours with my first to speed things up.
    zoejains_momma

Answer by zoejains_momma at 8:49 PM on Mar. 30, 2011

• I was told that orgasm can stimulate contractions. Unless they keep up, it's not labor, but it could help move things along if you're close. Semen has a softening agent in it, as well, that can help effacement (again, if you're close).
    DragonRiderMD

Answer by DragonRiderMD at 8:57 PM on Mar. 30, 2011