Is it possible to make an atheist believe in God?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:45 PM on Mar. 30, 2011 in Religion & Beliefs

• Yes, my parents were avid non believers for over 40 years before they started. you just have to understand that not everyone can be saved and leave some with their own thoughts until they are ready.
    zoejains_momma

Answer by zoejains_momma at 8:47 PM on Mar. 30, 2011

• Is it possible to make you believe in Santa Claus?

When you understand the answer to my question, you will understand the answer to yours.

beeky

Answer by beeky at 9:25 PM on Mar. 30, 2011

• No, and no one should ever try to MAKE someone believe in something they don't want to believe in.
    Renee3K

Answer by Renee3K at 8:46 PM on Mar. 30, 2011

• Someone who truly understand religion, and is comfortably set in their knowledge. No.

If, by some weird stroke of luck, a god- any god- were to make him/her self painfully, undeniably, factually, physically apparent to the universe... well, a lot of us would be open to the concept of his/her/it's existence. That does not, however, mean that we would worship said deity.
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 8:48 PM on Mar. 30, 2011

• ". he went from the meanest man alive to one of the best friends anyone could ask for, It was a miracle and GOD did it all...so yes IT CAN HAPPEN and it HAS I seen it with my own eyes "

Oh gee....all athiests must be nasty people then, huh? I'd say he wasn't truly an atheist.
    sahmamax2

Answer by sahmamax2 at 9:18 PM on Mar. 30, 2011

• Well my grandfather was an atheist for 6 years,

No he wasn't.  He was disillusioned with his faith.

beeky

Answer by beeky at 9:27 PM on Mar. 30, 2011

• no
    MamaK88

Answer by MamaK88 at 9:55 PM on Mar. 30, 2011

• Every effort will just make us turn further away. The only way Christians have ever tried is through bible passages or some such. We don't believe the Bible is the word of god so it doesn't have any effect on us.
    ashisamom

Answer by ashisamom at 8:46 PM on Mar. 30, 2011

• Two words for you Free Will.
    pookiekins34

Answer by pookiekins34 at 8:47 PM on Mar. 30, 2011

• I don't think anyone can MAKE anyone else believe anything, and I think its disrespectful to try.
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 10:03 PM on Mar. 30, 2011