Does any mommies here have any good tips on how they lost wieght with a BUSY schedule???

I'm a single mom, and a fulltime college student. I am overwieght and I feel so unhealthy. I know the usual, eat well and excersise. My question really is more towards good ideas and tips that have worked for you other mommies that would be like... maybe tips on how you were active with your child? STuff like that. Thanks!

AdrianzMommie

Asked by AdrianzMommie at 8:51 PM on Mar. 30, 2011 in Health

• Sounds like you don't have a lot of free time, but when you do, take your kids to the park and play. Fly a kite, ride bikes, even pushing them on the swins is good. Pack a healthy picnic lunch of raw veggies, fruit, and cheese. Drink lots of water. Do all the things in pp too. Not only will you lose weight, you'll be setting a good example of healthy living for your kids.
    elasmimi

Answer by elasmimi at 10:03 AM on Apr. 12, 2011

• Stand instead of sit whenever possible. Walk.... walk and walk. Park your car far out in the parking lot and walk. Walk to class. You have the perfect opportunity with being in school. Walk to all your classes and use the stairs. Those are two of the biggest bonus' you could have right there.
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 8:54 PM on Mar. 30, 2011

• I'm a full-time student as well, so I understand how hard it is to fit exercise into a schedule. The best suggestion I can give is try fitting in a little more movement whatever you do. If you can walk somewhere like to class or the store, do it instead of driving. Running after kids is always a good way to keep in shape. Another factor is diet. Eating with little kids can crash your diet, so try to fit more snacks or smaller healthy meals in during the day to boost your metabolism. I keep a bag of trailmix or nuts in my purse I munch on throughout the day, and eat a big breakfast, medium lunch, and small supper.
    EdwinsMommy

Answer by EdwinsMommy at 8:57 PM on Mar. 30, 2011

• I agree with m-avi, walk around campus as much as possible. That is what I do. I park in one of the furthest lots and walk to classes. If I have a longer break in between classes I walk around campus. I also go for walks with my son, or have him ride his bike while I jog. We play soccer and baseball together. His favorite is turning up the music and dancing our butts off. Pick songs you love and just dance it really helps. Good luck mama, if I can do it so can you. :)
    kmath

Answer by kmath at 8:57 PM on Mar. 30, 2011

• do you have a bike? riding it for errands seems to help me.
    Anonymous

• Drink lots of water. Cut out soda and coffee completely, so many empty calories and water is way better for your body. Drink water before you eat, I always eat less when I do that. I would take tupperware containers of fruits and veggies for snacks too. Switch to whole grain for anything you can. Take the stairs, even a couple extra times if you're early. Good Luck!
    camiam81

Answer by camiam81 at 9:27 PM on Mar. 30, 2011

• Thanks for responding! the great thing is, is I already do that! lol Man I wish I could afford a gym membership! Im seriously out of shape :/
    AdrianzMommie

Comment by AdrianzMommie (original poster) at 8:55 PM on Mar. 30, 2011

• THANKS! I love this website! So much positive feedback who are live the same lifestyle as me! I love it!
    AdrianzMommie

Comment by AdrianzMommie (original poster) at 8:59 PM on Mar. 30, 2011