My Friend is throwing me a baby shower. Should I bring her a Thank you gift?

Does anyone know what proper ettiquette is reguarding baby showers?  And if I should bring a gift, what should it be?

busywithbabies

Asked by busywithbabies at 8:58 PM on Mar. 30, 2011 in Pregnancy

• I don't know the proper etiquette it but it sounds like a lovely idea. I think its sweet.
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 9:03 PM on Mar. 30, 2011

• I brought a gift. bubble bath and all the stuff I wished i could eat.. I kinda went crazy with the no caffeine thing so she got bubble bath, chocolate, soda and a thank you card.
    zoejains_momma

Answer by zoejains_momma at 8:59 PM on Mar. 30, 2011

• Yes I had several family and friends pitch in to throw my shower.So I made gift baskets with homemade chocolates, some girly note pads and pens, and some tea. Oh and personal thank you cards.
    Liamsmom09

Answer by Liamsmom09 at 9:10 PM on Mar. 30, 2011

• My MIL threw the shower I had before baby was born then my aunt threw a join shower for both my cousin & I, cousin was preg while my daughter was six months old! I never thought to get either a gift b/c both offered to have a shower for me.

I think it would be nice to get them something, dont make it a huge thing though just something small, simple nice with a card should do just fine =)
    Mel30248

Answer by Mel30248 at 8:59 PM on Mar. 30, 2011

• My mom threw me my first shower and I never even thought of it because she is my mom... But this time it's a friend, and just feels different.
    busywithbabies

Comment by busywithbabies (original poster) at 9:03 PM on Mar. 30, 2011

• yes that whould be a good ideia well she will love that
    juanita31

Answer by juanita31 at 9:19 PM on Mar. 30, 2011

• The best gift is to enjoy the party and continue being an awesome friend. I threw my best friends shower, but I also gave her my 2 spare bedrooms at the time for her & the baby. She helps you out, then do something she needs help w or make a favorite food, get pedicures together. Just a fun thank you.
    shynu

Answer by shynu at 9:24 PM on Mar. 30, 2011

• You don't have to but the last shower I threw my friend made me a little gift basket with goodies in it as a thank you gift and it ment a lot to me!
    Charizma77

Answer by Charizma77 at 9:54 PM on Mar. 30, 2011

• A thank you gift is always a nice gesture. I sent flowers to the 2 ladies at my church who organized & ran my baby shower.
    ghostwriter777

Answer by ghostwriter777 at 10:46 PM on Mar. 30, 2011

• Yes you should bring her a gift. I had my 4 closest friends to my shower for me...so as a gift I got them each a Freinds Picture Frame of all of us togehter...and a scented candle as thank you gifts ! Total cost :$5 each !
    Wish2Be

Answer by Wish2Be at 8:14 AM on Mar. 31, 2011