Do you make assumptions about people or do you get all the facts first?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:59 PM on Mar. 30, 2011 in Just for Fun

• I try not to judge a book by its cover however, there is a slip up once in a while. When I slip up though its in my tone of voice. I dont say anything mean per say or treat them differently my tone though is just very nasty. Something I have work on in general my tone of voice whoops!
    Mel30248

Answer by Mel30248 at 9:01 PM on Mar. 30, 2011

• I get all the facts and realized I was right.
    dtMOM09

Answer by dtMOM09 at 9:02 PM on Mar. 30, 2011

• Yes and no. sometimes I find it hard, if you quack like a duck, walk like a duck and have webbed feet, i will assume you're a duck.
    zoejains_momma

Answer by zoejains_momma at 9:03 PM on Mar. 30, 2011

• There have been times I've made assumptions, and a few of them have been wrong.
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 9:05 PM on Mar. 30, 2011

• I sometimes assume things about people and am proven wrong, other times I just get a strong vibe from them and know whether or not I would like them. Like my hubby's friends ex. I only met her once but could tell as soon as I walked into the same room with her that she was just evil. And then there's a woman I met at a mommy and me class. I knew right away we'd get along. So some aren't judgements they're just intuitions. But most of the time, especially here, they are judgements.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 9:05 PM on Mar. 30, 2011

• I do all I can to get the sides and facts first. makes people so mad!
    ItsMe89

Answer by ItsMe89 at 9:08 PM on Mar. 30, 2011

• I don't make assumptions about everyone, but it is human nature to make some assumptions about people. I have an open mind about being proven wrong though, whether the assumption were good or bad.
    Namaste17

Answer by Namaste17 at 9:10 PM on Mar. 30, 2011

• As much as I try to get all the facts first, I'm sad to admit that sometimes I do judge first. It's normally with someone driving by or someone I see walking around places. I don't do it all the time, but it still doesn't make it right.
    amberdawnbarr

Answer by amberdawnbarr at 9:12 PM on Mar. 30, 2011

• like those posts about push up bras for seven year olds. After seeing so many posts about it, I looked up some of the stories about it.
    The pics that were provided to slam the products didn't look like push up bras to me, they looked like swimsuit tops.
    I checked the store site, and they are listed under swimwear for kids. I called the store and asked if they were padded and they said no. they had a basic lining that could be removed if you wished.

so there's one example for you. They aren't bras and there doesn't seem to be any 'push up' things in them.
    ItsMe89

Answer by ItsMe89 at 9:12 PM on Mar. 30, 2011

• I try not to make assumptions...and I'm generally able to avoid it. I find it more difficult when someone is being ignorant and rude.
    Renee3K

Answer by Renee3K at 9:12 PM on Mar. 30, 2011