Pot Liquor

I'm bored so here's the situation.
I was talking on a mother's cooking site and I mentioned that I tend to mix pot liquor in my toddler's juice and was wondering what anyone else did with their's as I think it is a waste to just toss it down the drain. I mentioned that before I had my girl I would use it to water my plants...and I was "yelled" at for doing so. It dawned on my that a lot of people who call themselves cooks and foodies have no clue what this is......so do you? And if you do what do you call it?

elizabooks

Asked by elizabooks at 9:20 PM on Mar. 30, 2011 in Food & Drink

• i call it pan water.
    zoejains_momma

Answer by zoejains_momma at 9:21 PM on Mar. 30, 2011

• Pot liquor is the liquid left in the pan after cooking vegetable greens.. I admit I didnt know it had the name of Potliquor, I had to google it. Im sure there's a ton of lady's here thinking you gave your child booze. LOLOLOL
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 9:24 PM on Mar. 30, 2011

• I don't know why my family calls it this. Just that it was the men who had a shot glass full before each meal.... maybe because they didn't like to eat veggies?
    elizabooks

Comment by elizabooks (original poster) at 11:11 PM on Mar. 30, 2011

• I pour it over my dog's dishes. They love me for a whole 15 seconds after that
    We have always called it pot liquor
    adnilm

Answer by adnilm at 1:37 AM on Mar. 31, 2011

• Now I'm curious on it..
    sstepph

Answer by sstepph at 8:30 AM on Apr. 5, 2011