Are you a Christian or a Christian Atheist?

Christian Atheist = is an ideology in which the God of Christianity is rejected but the moral teachings of Jesus are followed. It is a belief that the stories of Jesus were meant to be related to in modern life but not taken literally. This belief is that the God of Christianity is nothing but a symbol.

Christian = is a person who adheres to Christianity, an Abrahamic, monotheistic religion based on the life and teachings of Jesus of Nazareth as recorded in the Canonical gospels and the letters of the New Testament. "Christian" derives from the Greek word Christ, a translation of the Hebrew term Messiah.

Central to the Christian faith is love or Agape. Christians also believe Jesus is the Messiah prophesied in the Hebrew Bible, the Son of God, and the savior of mankind from their sins. Most Christians believe in the doctrine of the Trinity ("tri-unity"), a description of God as Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. .

http://christianatheist.com/

35yoamom

Asked by 35yoamom at 9:26 PM on Mar. 30, 2011 in Religion & Beliefs

• Neither.  I'm an Atheist.

beeky

Answer by beeky at 9:28 PM on Mar. 30, 2011

• Christian. I believe that God and Jesus both exist, that Jesus is our savior sent by God.
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 9:30 PM on Mar. 30, 2011

• Im a Christian. I think the term Christian Atheist is an Oxy Moron like Military intelligence.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 9:32 PM on Mar. 30, 2011

• LOL Vbruno!
    35yoamom

Comment by 35yoamom (original poster) at 9:32 PM on Mar. 30, 2011

• Christian. I believe in God and Jesus. Jesus is the Saviour of the world.
    mlanderson

Answer by mlanderson at 9:33 PM on Mar. 30, 2011

• I mean but do you live your life as if God is in the room, or do you assume He’s not paying attention?
    35yoamom

Comment by 35yoamom (original poster) at 9:33 PM on Mar. 30, 2011

• I'm a Christian. And, I must say, this is the first time I've ever heard the term Christian Atheist. That is a new one on me. I guess we do learn something new everyday.
    cbk_mom3

Answer by cbk_mom3 at 9:34 PM on Mar. 30, 2011

• CBK... Its a label for the kind of person that may even go to church sometimes, but the way that they live their lives is like an atheist. They say that they love God but they show his love...
    35yoamom

Comment by 35yoamom (original poster) at 9:35 PM on Mar. 30, 2011

• I've never heard of this. The atheists I know wouldn't identify with this label....but I guess there are some that do. I do feel Jesus was a great man who had great ideals and an level of love and light within him that we all would love to achieve. I put him up there with the Dalai Lahma.
    sahmamax2

Answer by sahmamax2 at 9:38 PM on Mar. 30, 2011

• That's interesting 35yoamom. Thanks for sharing that. Like I said, I guess we do learn something new everyday. One of the biggest reasons I enjoy CM. I learn things I'd never know any other way, probably.
    cbk_mom3

Answer by cbk_mom3 at 9:40 PM on Mar. 30, 2011