I havent had my period since january and im positive im pregnant but how does the ultra sound not see the baby?

I haven't had my period since the end of january, and i took 2 pregnancy test and they said negative, well this passed friday i was having some abdominal pains so i went to the doctor, Well come to find out i was pregant well they sent me to the hospital bc no obgyn could see me at such a late notice, well they took blood and did an ultra sound, they couldnt see the baby but did tell me i have a UTI and 2 cysts. Well i go to a obgyn on monday and they still have no answers, all they wanna do is keep drawing blood, whats wrong with me?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:40 PM on Mar. 30, 2011 in Pregnancy

• odd... maybe its a tubal.
    zoejains_momma

Answer by zoejains_momma at 9:42 PM on Mar. 30, 2011

• Did the blood work say you were preggo or not? If the ultrasound cant find it, it could be an etopic pregnancy. Dont get stressed or worry till you've seen the OBGYN. Your about 8 weeks or less pregnant so maybe you cant see it this early on an ultrasound??
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 9:43 PM on Mar. 30, 2011

• thats what i thought but wouldnt they be able to see if it was a tubal on the ultra sound and my HCG levels from the blood are low but the obgyn said it says im pregnant.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 9:46 PM on Mar. 30, 2011

• Make sure they do a probe ultrasound. It's more than likely too small right now. W antibiotics for the uti may not help ur pregnancy complications but that's the only thing u can do. Take care of urself & take it easy to lessen ur complications.
    shynu

Answer by shynu at 9:47 PM on Mar. 30, 2011

• whats a probe ultrasound? and yeah thats all i have been doin i just want to know if i have a healthy baby or not
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 9:50 PM on Mar. 30, 2011

• not sure, but hoping you find some answers soon!
    Charizma77

Answer by Charizma77 at 9:50 PM on Mar. 30, 2011

• Thanks, me too.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 9:54 PM on Mar. 30, 2011

• A probe ultrasound is a vaginal ultrasound, it is easier to see earlier term baby's with the probe.
    matthewscandi

Answer by matthewscandi at 10:09 PM on Mar. 30, 2011

• I hope all ends up well with you.
    AllThatBabyJazz

Answer by AllThatBabyJazz at 11:08 PM on Mar. 30, 2011

• This happened to my friend. They told her that the baby is to small to see in the ultrasound.
    Crissy9832

Answer by Crissy9832 at 9:30 AM on Mar. 31, 2011