So Sad :(

They put my cat down....about a week ago today, my husband brought her in because his mom is allergic to cats and we are living with her till we get on our feet, he brought her in so she could be put in a new home but the spca turned her away and said there was no more room and then hubby had to make the decision to put her put her down.....it breaks my heart that they would not take her she was such a good cat...and i miss her every day...I still cant believe that she is gone....Do you think that the spca should have taken her cause i was told if we had to have brought her in and said she was a stray and we found her then they would have taken her :(

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:43 PM on Mar. 30, 2011 in Pets

• {{{HUGS}}}} Im so sorry for your loss. It's never easy to loose a family member, and pet's are family.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 9:44 PM on Mar. 30, 2011

• I can't believe a vets office would just put down a cat that has nothing wrong with it. Most places charge to have an evaluation, to have a good enough reason to euthanize.
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 9:50 PM on Mar. 30, 2011

• Vet's aren't adoption agencies. Personally I would have put an ad up on Craigslist for a free cat to a good home.
    Anonymous

• Never said they WERE adoption agencies anon. Has nothing to do with what I posted.
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 9:55 PM on Mar. 30, 2011

• I feel sorry for you:(
    miranda2011

Answer by miranda2011 at 10:01 PM on Mar. 30, 2011

• Oh hugs hon, Ive had to do that myself and its so hard.
    beyondhopes

Answer by beyondhopes at 10:09 PM on Mar. 30, 2011

• Taking the cat back home and listing it online wouldn't have done much harm. Dander can last in a person's home for up to a year...so your MIL is stil going to have allergies for awhile. What harm could a few more days do? That sucks. I'm sorry she had to be put down.
    Renee3K

Answer by Renee3K at 12:27 AM on Mar. 31, 2011

• Nobody would put down a healthy animal!!!!!
    dancer

Answer by dancer at 1:23 AM on Mar. 31, 2011

• I think you should have made an effort to find a way to keep your cat. I hope everyone in your life shows you as much loyalty as you just showed your poor cat.
    Acid

Answer by Acid at 9:19 AM on Mar. 31, 2011

• I think you and your DH should have done a lot more work to find a home for that cat if there was NO way you could have kept it. Did your MIL ever try allergy meds to tough it out? Did you try bathing the cat or having it professionally groomed? Did you try keeping their living spaces separate?

If you DID try all of those things then you should have gotten on the computer and looked up no-kill shelters. There are lots of them. And if there wasn't one local to you (personally I would have driven WAY out of my way to make sure my cat had a good home) then you should have posted ads to find a good home and just told your MIL to suck it up until then because yes, dander lingers for months after a cat is gone. Fact is you had options.
    meandrphoto

Answer by meandrphoto at 10:56 AM on Mar. 31, 2011