Why do some Americans think they have the right to yell "murderers" when they see our military men and women?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:43 PM on Mar. 30, 2011 in Politics & Current Events

• My husband was once told there was a place reserved in the darkest circles of hell for murdering, raping bastards like him. At a family restaurant by the ringleader of a group of college students sitting behind us. His response was "Wow that's awesome, kudos to you for having such huge balls. Now go puff yourself up to your little friends about how you put the evil Marine in his place so I can go back to supper with my family and explain to my 4 and 5 year olds why some stranger said all those things to their daddy."

They feel they have the right to say these types of things because they think the constitution is what protects them. They think they're entitled to those rights simply because they happened to be born on this piece of dirt we lovingly call America. They don't really pay enough attention in history class to know that Americans only have the rights they're willing to stand up and fight for.
    BlueCollarMama

Answer by BlueCollarMama at 10:25 AM on Mar. 31, 2011

• They do have the right too. Just as I have the right to call them ignorant uneducated assholes.
    pookiekins34

Answer by pookiekins34 at 9:45 PM on Mar. 30, 2011

• like it says on so many bumper stickers around here. "you Don't want to stand behind our troops, than by all means get in front of them."

northcarolinama

Answer by northcarolinama at 9:52 PM on Mar. 30, 2011

• Using their right of Freedom of Speech; that those military men and women fought long and hard to get for us.
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 9:48 PM on Mar. 30, 2011

• Because they're stupid, ungrateful idiots who don't appreciate that other people risk their lives just so they can spew their filthy comments so freely.
    anime_mom619

Answer by anime_mom619 at 9:48 PM on Mar. 30, 2011

• because they don't understand what is going on or see things differently.. they don't see them fighting for our freedom, they see someone who is gun happy where a talk could have solved things *insert eye roll here*
    zoejains_momma

Answer by zoejains_momma at 9:44 PM on Mar. 30, 2011

• that group protested a funeral here in our military town and a bunch of army wives had T-shirts that said "my husband died for your right to protest."

american flag ribbon

northcarolinama

Answer by northcarolinama at 9:55 PM on Mar. 30, 2011

• I don't know.  Maybe because this is America and we have freedom of speech. 

MrsHouston47302

Answer by MrsHouston47302 at 9:47 PM on Mar. 30, 2011

• They are uneducated in how things in the world really work. IMO we spend too much time teaching children which later become adults that it is a "feel good" world where utopia is possible. It isn't..never has been...never will be. Our schools don't teach the value of our freedoms let alone the fact that it isn't free.

yourspecialkid

Answer by yourspecialkid at 9:55 PM on Mar. 30, 2011

• I agree with all the answers above. Because our men and women go out and fight to protect our rights (as well as fighting to give citizens of other countries a better life), these psychos have the right to free speech. Sad that they speak that way about the very people who gave them the right to express their opinions.
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 9:50 PM on Mar. 30, 2011