How to slow the weight gain?

I'm 16 weeks & gained 10 lbs. Any food & activity suggestions to slow this down the healthy way? Preferably in ways that are fun & seem less like work.

shynu

Asked by shynu at 9:53 PM on Mar. 30, 2011 in Pregnancy

• I am in the same position! I have already gained 10 pounds. When I was pregnant with my daughter I had only gained 4 pounds at this point and sat on my behind all day, ate alot of junk and did no exercise. This time I stay at home and go to the gym at least 3 times a week and am eating better. Maybe it is my age this time, I will be 34 in May and I was 28 with her.
    saysmom

Answer by saysmom at 5:01 PM on Mar. 31, 2011

• eat more fresh fruits and just window shop at the mall, go walk at the park or somewhere public (that is safe) and enjoy... take a few friends along and gossip on the way if you have to.
    zoejains_momma

Answer by zoejains_momma at 9:56 PM on Mar. 30, 2011

• PORTION control. EAt less. Walk. Drink water. DOn't drink soda. Avoid fatty foods and whitre bread,bakery goods, NO Fast foods.
    minnesotanice

Answer by minnesotanice at 10:29 PM on Mar. 30, 2011

• Walk Walk Walk, when I was pg with my first child I walked EVERY Where! I was so full of energy, I walked more then a mile a day. For lack of things to do. I wasnt working and I hated being home. I would walk in the morning to the Mall around the mall, back home, then I took a nap, got up and Walked BACK to the mall and around the mall and back home. I felt great! My labor didnt last to long, about 12 hours but only about 4 of that was hard active labour and I only pushed once. He came shooting out like a bullet and the Dr wasnt ready for him and had to catch him like a football. I didnt walk with my other 2 pregnancys and I was able to tell the difference big time. So if you have someplace you can walk, I recommend it. I also ate all kinds of junk food, I craved french fries, and receeses peanut butter cups and I only gained baby weight, it was gone when I had my son. Once the swelling around that area went down I
    Ambear72

Answer by Ambear72 at 11:13 PM on Mar. 30, 2011

• CONT was back in my jeans. I have never felt as good since then. So walk eat healthy and drink lots and lots, I hate water so I didnt drink a lot of water. With my twins, I didnt drink hardly anything, I couldnt it made me sick. I got dehydrated and had to have an IV for 8 hours. My veins were so dehydrated they could only get the needle in my arm where it bends at the elbow. I had to keep my arm straight for 8 hours. So DRINK LOTS, water is best but just make sure you DRINK! Congrats and enjoy it. I miss being pregnant!
    Ambear72

Answer by Ambear72 at 11:16 PM on Mar. 30, 2011

• Eat during meals, eat fruits veggies..healthy snacks..
    Crissy9832

Answer by Crissy9832 at 9:28 AM on Mar. 31, 2011

• Well I'm going through half a case of water a day. I get hunger cramps ALL day. So I'll snack on fruit, yogurt. If I eat a meal, it's very small & I chew on it forever before swallowing. Eating slowly. Maybe when I start work on Monday, being busier will help. I just got in an accident & I live in the middle of nowhere, so I spend a lot of the time on the phone, internet, tv. Feed the animals & have a 2 & 3 yr old running around the house.
    shynu

Comment by shynu (original poster) at 5:09 PM on Mar. 31, 2011