Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How many of you that are getting inductions or scheduled C's...

.. have actually looked into the risks of these procedures?
Are you just trusting what your doctor says. and if so, why?.....

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 2:53 PM on Nov. 28, 2008 in Pregnancy

Answers (11)
  • I am getting my c-sec scheduled on tues.

     I have to its a repeat. I have had 2 in the past. I was in labor with my son for 63hrs after my water broke and I didnt dilate. and 18+ hrs with my second after and nothing. No I didnt just trust the dr. I didnt have pain meds either one. I tried to have my kids but my body just wont. I wish people would stop bashing or putting women down because they have them. Some ARE medically necessary.


    Answer by Anonymous at 3:04 PM on Nov. 28, 2008

  • you seriously are going to start this argument? go bother someone else. as the pp said some are medically necessary. also if you don't trust your doc then he/she shouldn't be taking care of you and its your responsibility to get a doc you trust and are comfortable with.

    Answer by sterlids at 3:14 PM on Nov. 28, 2008

  • I had a scheduled c-section because of an infection. I dont understand women who want to have a c-section just because they dont want to go through the pain of a normal birth.

    the c-section itself wasnt painful, the weeks after have been terrible. i would never want to have a c-section again, unless its nessecarry (spelling?!)

    My OBGYN said, the risk of infecting our baby is at only 1% when i give reg. birth, but because of the fact that ive had a miscarriage before i did not want to risk anything.

    Answer by m.robertson811 at 3:16 PM on Nov. 28, 2008

  • im having a scheduled induction due to physical things for me.. i definately trust my doctor

    Answer by sunshinebaby209 at 3:25 PM on Nov. 28, 2008

  • I had my baby 9 days late because I did not want to be induced, 23 hours of labor after my water breaking I had a C-section. If I have another baby my doctors will want me to have a scheduled c-section. However, I do not believe in induction or scheduling c-sections. Babies are ment to be born naturally not hurried along when people feel the want them out. The only exception I have to this is if it medically necessary to keep the mom and baby safe and healthy. For my 2nd child I will find a doctor that will approve a VBAC.

    Answer by britni11 at 3:38 PM on Nov. 28, 2008

  • You sound really judgmental here. You may disagree with it but you do with your body as you see fit. Get on another soap box would ya?

    Answer by ConnorsMommy521 at 4:08 PM on Nov. 28, 2008

  • This argument and statement is so irritating to Mothers like me! Some c-sections ARE for medical reasons... Yes, I'm having my third c-section and it will be 1 week early. I was induced with my first b/c I fell and went to the ER on my due date, after using forceps and everything he would not come out... so emergency c-section it was. The second was a stillborn and a c-section was easiest. Don't judge me for that either b/c unless you've been in that situation you have no idea. I didn't want to go through labor, it was an obviously depressing situation. Now after 2, they will not let me have a VBAC. I think it;s best that way, I'd rather have the c-section then try, fail or maybe even cause permanent damage. I know the risks of c-sections and I don't think you should be judging the way other people decided to have children.... it's their bodies, their babies.

    Answer by AshJoe05 at 5:36 PM on Nov. 28, 2008

  • I am having a scheduled C on December 22nd. I asked for it, and my doctor agreed it was the best decision. YES I am aware of the risks, but thank you for your (lack of true) concern. Seriously, go take this kind of provocation somewhere else because this argument is tired!

    My first child nearly died during birth due to the shape/size of my pelvis, the tilt of my uterus, and other factors. I am not doing this c-section for my "convenience" or because I "just want the baby out". Believe me, I would MUCH rather recover from a vaginal delivery than a second c-section in 2 years!

    Besides the (very high) chances of my second labor turning into an emergency-c, I live TWO HOURS from the hospital. Leaving things to chance would be irresponsible in my case, and I am thinking first about the safety of my unborn child.

    Answer by aliceryannesmom at 5:43 PM on Nov. 28, 2008

  • Ya know what... even if someone does do a c-section for convience or b/c they want the baby out.... it's their choice!!!!! The babies are full term, most doctors make sure it is safe! Why bash them? It is their pregnancy and birth. It's not the worst thing that could happen!

    Answer by AshJoe05 at 5:45 PM on Nov. 28, 2008

  • Amen to that, AshJoe05!

    Answer by aliceryannesmom at 5:51 PM on Nov. 28, 2008

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.