How do I find a better pediatrician?

The phonebook is so impersonal. Do I just have to try them out and find one I like?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:56 PM on Nov. 28, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• ask your family & friends who they use. They can usually suggest someone.

then you can always go to the office and meet with them.
    haileyraesmommy

Answer by haileyraesmommy at 3:03 PM on Nov. 28, 2008

• Look through your medical provider book, look for one that is board certified and get references.

Anonymous

• I have a medical provider book, that is also impersonal, and I dont have any friends with babies or family in the area.
    Anonymous

• Try posting where you live and asking if any other moms (on cafe mom) live around there that can recommend a good one.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 7:37 PM on Nov. 28, 2008

• Go to the American Academy of Pediatrics website; on the right it says "Find a Pediatrician" in red letters.

emslala

Answer by emslala at 9:34 PM on Nov. 28, 2008

• I just moved and left behind a great dr. I didnt know who to use, so I asked a woman I work with who has older kids. That way I knew it was a dr that she had gone to for a while. I would try that, if you dont work I'm sure you know someone with older kids, just ask them.
    StaceeyL

Answer by StaceeyL at 9:55 PM on Nov. 28, 2008