What is the longest youve been away from ur baby?

am i the only one who cant stand being away from their baby? i dont get it, everyone tells me every mom needs time off but i dont feel that way at all. i miss my daughter so quick and ive never been a day with out her(she is 11 months old). i recently split w my childs father and i am dreding the first visitation she has with him ( which is 500 miles away). i get sick even thinking about it happening. anyways, i dont ever go out or do anything besides work and then go home to be with my daughter and im only 26.. i almost feel guilty if i were to go out. should i??

cnv13085

Asked by cnv13085 at 10:26 PM on Mar. 30, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• lol, the first few times are rough, I'm not going to lie.. but give it time, you'll ease into it the older they get. My first the most I spent away from her the first year was one night.. when she was 2 we went away for the weekend (ended up pregnant with my second kid that weekend, lol). then I spent 2 days away while in the hospital giving birth to her sister. now with my second I feel the same I did at first with my first kid (I don't want her to leave my side, she's strictly breastfed so it's even harder because she refuses a bottle, even of breast milk). But I know sooner or later I'll be ready for her to have a sitter and me to get out again once in a while. (she's 3 months old now). (I've also split with their father, so I know how it can be, but you'll want to get out there sooner or later and start to date again)
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 12:57 PM on Mar. 31, 2011

• Oh, and don't let people pressure you into "mommy time". You her mother, if you don't want to go out, then don't do it.
    corbysmom531

Answer by corbysmom531 at 10:35 PM on Mar. 30, 2011

• I was sick once & had to go out of state to a hospital for 2 mo & was away from my kids the whole time.
    Anonymous

• I've only been away from Edwin for 3 hours maximum, but he's only 2 months old. It's fine to have a 'social life' or get out away from your children once in a while so you can decompress or find new interests that perhaps you can share with your child later. If it's true in relationships it's true for baby that you need some apart time at some point.
    EdwinsMommy

Answer by EdwinsMommy at 10:29 PM on Mar. 30, 2011

• I didn't spend a night away from my son till he was two. He was at his Grandma's though. The longest I've gone without seeing him is from Friday to Monday. He has stayed at my MIL's house from Monday to Friday, but I saw him during the day that week. He'll be doing that again this summer. He enjoys it, and while I do miss him, I keep really busy that week, that's why he stays with her.
    corbysmom531

Answer by corbysmom531 at 10:30 PM on Mar. 30, 2011

• never.. i was away from my older two for awhile when my 3rd baby was born.. but other than that never..
    3HappylKidds

Answer by 3HappylKidds at 10:30 PM on Mar. 30, 2011

• I have only been away from my kids for a few hours here and there. The longest time was when I was in the hospital having one of them!! =) You will adjust to the time alone, but you will miss her terribly. Good luck!
    khedy

Answer by khedy at 10:32 PM on Mar. 30, 2011

• Just long enough to take the clothes to the laundromat. And even then my DH has her.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 11:09 PM on Mar. 30, 2011

• well i have two kids and my first is 12 so it has been 9 years seens i been a way from him
    juanita31

Answer by juanita31 at 11:56 PM on Mar. 30, 2011

• well i think that you sould not because she ned her mom
    juanita31

Answer by juanita31 at 11:59 PM on Mar. 30, 2011