what is the dumbest thing you have seen from a parent?

like in public?
mine is
there 2 year old pooped in a jumper at a party.
and the parents argued back and forth like lil kids about who was going in to clean it. and at the end they didnt even do it!!
it wasnt their own party and they ruined the other kids fun by not cleaning it up.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:12 PM on Nov. 28, 2008 in General Parenting

• My husband works at a cell phone store and one day a woman pulled up to the curb in front of the store, left her car running, turned on the hazard lights and came inside to talk to customer service about a problem her phone was having. An associate is helping her for probably 10-15 minutes before my husband starts to notice she keeps glancing over her shoulder at her idling car. Finally he asks her "would you like to go park your car really fast and them come back in and we can finish helping you?" and she replied "no, I am just checking on it because my baby is in there" !!!!!!!! Her car wasn't even in a parking spot! It was hanging out in the road in a BUSY shopping center!

My husband told her unless she parked her vehicle and brought her baby into the store, he couldn't continue helping her.
    mum2gr8byz

Answer by mum2gr8byz at 12:34 AM on Nov. 29, 2008

• a mum at school had her little one with her around 1ish I would say he is ,now it was a coldish day ,not hot ,certainly coat day I am in the uk and he already had no socks on ,he started crying in the buggy and she took him out and held him ,fair enough but then he wanted to get down so she did ,she put him on the path with no socks or shoes on ,i cringed and said isnt he going to get cold , she didnt seem to realize ,but have noticed since he always wears socks and shoes ,
    loulou332

Answer by loulou332 at 3:20 PM on Nov. 28, 2008

• I once had a lady show up at my job w/ her little boy. He was stark naked except for a bandanna around his neck, and had a completely even tan. I got the impression from the tan that she never dressed him.

Anyway, I was showing her something, and when I turned around the floor was wet all over in kind of a spray pattern. I kept trying to figure out what it was, and then the mom just pointed to the little boy. I realized he had peed all over the floor. She then just turned and walked out of my office, leaving me to clean up the pee.
    mancosmomma

Answer by mancosmomma at 4:02 PM on Nov. 28, 2008

• I watched a lady make her kids cross the road (a BUSY Main City Street) and then cross back just so they wouldn't walk in front of a pagan bookstore... Like the witches were going to run out and snatch them up. LOL! How stupid!
    Anonymous

• At walmart, I watched this lady give her little one sips of her pop out of the bottle and then reach down into the diaper bag and grab a bottle of the baby's and poured half of the pepsi into the bottle and give it back to the baby. Sad part was she had to take a canister of formula and an unopened water bottle out of the diaper bag to get to the empty bottle! The only thing I could think was wow.....I bet she has some long nights!
    MamaRoberts

Answer by MamaRoberts at 5:12 PM on Nov. 28, 2008

• I saw a lady at water park that felt she needed to be noticed so she walked around with half her boob hanging out of her bathing suit. When I told her she said oh umm hm and laughed. I guess she forgot her kids were right in front of her looking.
    Anonymous

• A woman I know put her 6 month old twins in the car forward facing. She got into a wreck and the kids died from broken necks. Had the seats been rear facing they would be alive. That mom was a complete moron and she was unharmed in the accident.  She now has three more kids and still puts her kids in the car wrong.   Thankfully, she has not been in another accident. 

Anonymous

• I saw this man at the grocery store with his 1 1/2 year old and his friend buying a big pack of beer. They were so into each others conversation that he ignored his child, her trailing behind, even while he crossed the parking lot. She could have been snatched or ran over and he probably wouldn't even have known.
    M_May-Rafferty

Answer by M_May-Rafferty at 11:23 PM on Nov. 28, 2008

• I once saw a woman smoking in the car with her kid....window barely cracked open. IDIOT!
    LuvMyChloe

Answer by LuvMyChloe at 11:39 PM on Nov. 28, 2008

• my kids and i were at taco bell in the middle of the hot afternoon watching this he/she cross the road in the middle mind you [ even though in 5 steps she could have crossed at the light] but anyway he/she was pulling one of those red wagons with a child maybe 5- 6 well we got to looking and the child a girl had on a pair of jeans now she was only maybe 5 step to entering the taco bell but instead of coming in [don't know why here] she/he stops under the tree and the girl pulls down her jeans and pees on the ground then instead of putting back on the jeans she just slips on pink underwear then he/she comes into taco bell after every one saw this even the workers and now she comes in to order a taco yes one taco and a large drink..ok so it was hot outside but then yells at the girl becuase she wanted a drink~poor girl i wish i had called cps or something this is just a poor excuse of a parent.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:16 AM on Nov. 29, 2008