Ankylosing spondylitis

My finance is 22 and has AS, he's had it since he was 15 years old. He moved to my state to be with my and my son, and is slowly in the process of finding a new doctor, health insurance etc. I give him his shots when he needs me too.
He should be taking them every week but now he only has 2 left and his AS is very severe.
His spine is swollen, foot is completely collapsed, knee is giving out etc. And he is in so much pain all the time. Enbrel is $3,900.00 a month and if he doesn't take a shot every week he will be immobile.

Was wondering if anyone else knows someone with A.S. and how they are doing? Fiance is sooo hoping it will go into remission.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:32 PM on Mar. 30, 2011 in Health

• My Dad had it /. He first noticed the symptoms in his late 20's and by his mid thirties, it was full-blownand within a few years his spine fused and he could not turn his head. His neck and upper back were totally stiff. It didn't seem to damage the rest of his body--just his neck and back. He refused to take medication or go for therapy even though it was painful. He wanted to just tough it out. He would lie on the floor and stretch and relax. He did well with it until his death at age 86 from Alzheimers.
    minnesotanice

Answer by minnesotanice at 10:40 PM on Mar. 30, 2011

• your fiancee needs a really good chiropractor.
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 10:48 PM on Mar. 30, 2011

• My Dad went to a Chirpractor and an Osteopath....neither one helped him so he just dealt with it in his own way ( stretching and relaxing)and it seemed to work better.
    minnesotanice

Answer by minnesotanice at 10:59 PM on Mar. 30, 2011