Cheap, gas saving inexpensive brand cars you'd recommend?

I'm a single mom and I'm looking for a car that not only looks good but is worth the trouble for. There's many cars out there that people are willing to sell in all makes, models, and years so it doesn't really matter. Just wondering what cars would you recommend being the best, reliable car(s) you've ever had? thanks a bunch! :-)

tanya7885

Asked by tanya7885 at 10:35 PM on Mar. 30, 2011 in Shopping

• Ford Focus or Chevy Cobalt. Never a Hyundai, KIA, Subaru.
    shynu

Answer by shynu at 10:37 PM on Mar. 30, 2011

• Mazda3 my DH leased one and it was great on gas,fun to drive and it's a nice looking car imo. :)
    liss05

Answer by liss05 at 10:37 PM on Mar. 30, 2011

• Chevy Cobalt
    miranda2011

Answer by miranda2011 at 10:38 PM on Mar. 30, 2011

• I watched Ellen and she gave away Chevy Cruise's, they get 42 mpg and are just cool. I went and looked it up online, and I want one of those. They are cool cars and suprisingly not that expensive. They are under $20,000
    Ambear72

Answer by Ambear72 at 10:40 PM on Mar. 30, 2011

• Toyota Corrola, they run forever and are pretty good on gas. Plus, you can get them at a pretty good price because of all the issues they had. Just make sure the car has all it's recalls fixed.
    camiam81

Answer by camiam81 at 10:40 PM on Mar. 30, 2011

• My ford focus is an 03. I plan to buy another focus when I need another car. Maint cost is low too. Good buy all around.
    KARRIEMARIE

Answer by KARRIEMARIE at 10:59 PM on Mar. 30, 2011

• i have a Chev Cobalt which is good . A Mini-Cooper , made by BMW . would be even better but it will cost more to buy.
    janet116

Answer by janet116 at 12:07 AM on Mar. 31, 2011

• I've always had really good luck on my little Toyotas including a Paseo, Camry and Celica. Non factory parts are usually cheap and available and aside from maintenence I have pretty much gotten sick of them all before I had a major problem with them.

I don't know if its edmunds but there is a list someone puts out of the make model and year of the best used cars on the market.
    hotelmom123

Answer by hotelmom123 at 1:32 PM on Mar. 31, 2011

• We have a 2001 Mitsubishi Montero Sport......Best car we have ever had. If you can find a good deal on one, it is definitely worth it. We have two girls and it fits us perfectly. Good luck! :)
    TwilightMack

Answer by TwilightMack at 6:16 PM on Mar. 31, 2011

• Bus pass

Answer by rkoloms at 7:02 AM on Apr. 2, 2011