C Section tips advice etc...

To make a long story short... I'm having a scheduled c section week 37 ( I'm 32 now) due to a large complex mass of concern that has to be removed. It was found to late in the pregnancy to be removed without harm to my dd, so for now we watch and wait and hope the mass doesn't change.
So anyone go through something similar?
Any c section tips pre - post surgery?

Elysium927

Asked by Elysium927 at 10:38 PM on Mar. 30, 2011 in Pregnancy

• MY sister had 3. Said the best thing you can do is get up & start walking as soon as you can. She didnt get out the bed when she had her 1st baby until the following day and was super sore!
    pinkcicle709

Answer by pinkcicle709 at 10:43 PM on Mar. 30, 2011

• Yeah, try to get up and walk around alittle after the c-section. Its hard but ya gotta do it. I personally had a hard time aftermy c-section cause I felt like I was gonna rip in half if I walked around.. But, my little adorable man kept my mind off of it most of the time. Make sure you have some help when ya get home too, I had a hard time walking around, so the more help the better!
    urbuttacup88

Answer by urbuttacup88 at 10:46 PM on Mar. 30, 2011

• If you get a spinal, and IF you wind up having a negative reaction, DON'T me macho, take the pain meds. I wound up having a negative reaction to my spinal with my planned C-section for my daughter and wound up with a killer headache that was only managed through the meds the nurses would give me or by laying flat on my back.
    Rosehawk

Answer by Rosehawk at 10:48 PM on Mar. 30, 2011

• I had 2 c-sections and the main tip I can give you is once you are home dont lay around. Be as active as possible, you will heal a lot faster. The longer you lay around the harder it will be to get up and get moving. I had twins my last pregnancy and they were in the hospital for 10 days after they were born. I didnt have time to sit around, I was at the hospital everyday, and yes at first it hurt more, but it hurt for a less amount of time, then when I had the 1st csection. Dont over do it, thats not good but dont just lay around either. When I had my c sections they kept the babies for the 1st night. My twins didnt nurse so I had them keep them in the nursery for the night. I was able to get some good sleep and I was able to be awake and alert the next day. I didnt with my son because I nursed him, but I woke up right before they opened the door to tell me he was hungry every time.. I must have know he was hungry and
    Ambear72

Answer by Ambear72 at 10:49 PM on Mar. 30, 2011

• wanted me lol. Also take the pain meds on time. Dont let them wear off, it takes longer to build up the resistance to the pain.
    Ambear72

Answer by Ambear72 at 10:50 PM on Mar. 30, 2011

• Wear comfy clothes, accept help, don't go up and down the stairs a lot, get a stool softener because that first week of pooping isn't enjoyable, keep things you need where they're easily accessed so you don't have to go here there and everywhere, make meals that you can freeze and reheat before your surgery so cooking is one less thing for you to worry about, get a Boppy brand nursing pillow as it makes feeding easier no matter if you plan on going bottle or breast. That's all I can think of off the top of my head. I had a c-section like 2 1/2 weeks ago so I know what you're going to go through =)
    Nanixh

Answer by Nanixh at 10:50 PM on Mar. 30, 2011

• Get up and move as soon as they let you after your c section. It might hurt at first but this speeds up recovery time SOOOO much.
    AllThatBabyJazz

Answer by AllThatBabyJazz at 11:06 PM on Mar. 30, 2011

• Moving is the best you can do.. Even if at first all u can do is sit with your feet hanging over the bed every little bit helps. Also they offer a stool softner to help you go potty.. I refused and i definitely regretted it so I recommend taking it.
    crgarcia294

Answer by crgarcia294 at 11:33 PM on Mar. 30, 2011

• Great advice here. Take the pain meds, but remember you are on pain meds so don't over do it. Get help. Let somebody else do the laundry.
    LoveMyDog

Answer by LoveMyDog at 7:40 AM on Mar. 31, 2011

• after you had c section.. if the nurse said you need to walk... just try to get up and move and ask the nurse to help you.. and get alot of help when you are at home!
    BabyTaylor09

Answer by BabyTaylor09 at 7:32 PM on Mar. 31, 2011