What is this country coming to??!!

Today in New York a worker of Wal Mart was trampled to death at the opening of the store... Those greedy bastards BROKE the door down and trampled this poor man. He was taken to the hospital and pronounced dead! What is wrong with this world? This is supposed to be the beginning of the most joyous, beautiful, loving time of year... I hope getting good deals on stupid material things was worth someone's LIFE!!! What do you guys think??

MarlyeGirl

Asked by MarlyeGirl at 3:18 PM on Nov. 28, 2008 in Politics & Current Events

• ... when I was reading about it, my first thought was that the workers should have just turned off their cash registers, and security warned everyone that they were suspects in the killing.
    waldorfmom

Answer by waldorfmom at 1:10 AM on Nov. 29, 2008

• It's pretty scary :( I worked at Walgreens last year on Black Friday, the customers were EVIL! I've never seen so many hateful people in one place at one time (other than on CM hahahahaha *cough*). I hope they implement stricter security next year to avoid tragedies like this >:(
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 3:23 PM on Nov. 28, 2008

• The most pathetic thing is that these "people" continued to shop! Even as upset workers were asking them to leave, they wanted to get a deal! I can't really be angry about the crush, as the people at the front are being pushed by those at the back, and those at the back have no idea that anything is wrong when there's 2000 people. But to continue to shop when a man has just been killed?! I think the young lady who said they were savages was bang on.
    Anonymous

• I stopped shopping Black Friday Mornings after one time at Walmart we was in line, people started gathering across the street watching. The cops tried to get them to get in line or walk away but there was to many and when the doors opened they rushed at us to try to get in first. People was pushing and punching others, it was almost a riot. After that I said never again. Something about today brings out the worst in people.
    Anonymous

• i know its sick. we had the cathlic social services come to the fair grounds...i was prego and had my 20 mth old and ppl pushed us out of the way and didnt care that they almost hurt my son or me. they were breaking stuff on the tables cause they were fightin over stuff. serioulsy ppl its just material things if you dont get the things you want oh well get over it, its not worth hurting someone and deff not worth taking someones life....so are the ppl who trampled this going to be liable in any way?
    bonnie-jo

Answer by bonnie-jo at 3:35 PM on Nov. 28, 2008

• i hope those ppl who continued shopping after all this happen have a horrible xmas.....its callled karma. evil ppl
    Anonymous

• I hope they are liable! I think it falls under man slaughter, whether it involuntary or not.
    MarlyeGirl

Answer by MarlyeGirl at 3:41 PM on Nov. 28, 2008

• That is horrible and I agree they should be held responsible but I doubt that will happen.

Anonymous

• I hope that everyone of those people that stepped on that poor man and didn't even stop to see if he was ok or to let him up, gets charged with manslaugter. I don't know if they will, but they should be.
    Anonymous

• what's worse than the ppl still shopping is that walmart continued to check them out if they were in line!

tntornado45

Answer by tntornado45 at 4:19 PM on Nov. 28, 2008