Can contaminated water make a child vomit?

I have moved in the last 2 months and since then my son has had very strange on and off episodes of random vomiting. Morning, afternoon and evening but not every day. I recently found out the water in my housing area is very bad and I wanted to know if this may have something to do with my son's vomiting. I am going out to get a filter tomorrow to see if that changes anything but wanted to see if anyone here has had an experience with bad water reactions.

CassiRae3

Asked by CassiRae3 at 10:59 PM on Mar. 30, 2011 in Food & Drink

• Yes it could be the reason he is vomiting. I would if i were you just get him checked to make sure he did get some sort of nasty parisite from it. When i was younger we lived in a area that was contaminated and my dad had us both checked out. Or you could just call your peditrician and see what he/she thinks.
    vengels05

Answer by vengels05 at 11:07 PM on Mar. 30, 2011

• Would this cause just very random vomiting? It is not everyday and usually only (at most) a couple times during one day. Today it was once in the evening around 6pm and he threw up evverryyyyything!!!
    CassiRae3

Comment by CassiRae3 (original poster) at 11:15 PM on Mar. 30, 2011

• Depending on what it is contaminated with depends on whether it would cause the issues you describe or not. I would get a copy of any water testing that has been done and/or pay to have it done yourself and take that with you to the doctor to figure out what is going on with your son.
    aeneva

Answer by aeneva at 11:24 PM on Mar. 30, 2011

• Yes- take a sample to the health dept- water microbes can quickly make a child sick. Watch for signs of dehydration: fever, headaches, vomiting, diarrhea, lethargy and decreased urination.

Sisteract

Answer by Sisteract at 11:37 PM on Mar. 30, 2011

• Definitely
    SweetLoveofMine

Answer by SweetLoveofMine at 11:59 PM on Mar. 30, 2011

• OF COURSE
    smiley745

Answer by smiley745 at 7:49 AM on Mar. 31, 2011

• Def!
    sstepph

Answer by sstepph at 8:24 AM on Apr. 5, 2011

• most likely
    mommyof3-2008

Answer by mommyof3-2008 at 9:54 AM on Apr. 26, 2011