What is the best brand for car seats im stuck in between graco and evenflo

i cant really tell the difference but it looks like graco is used more than evenflo i wonder if its because of the price or if the safty feature are the same?

nicolia

Asked by nicolia at 11:06 PM on Mar. 30, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Which ever one fits in your car better. Graco seems to have a larger choice of patterns and a better deal on their travel system that you buy the car seat with the stroller and I think that is why there are so many more of them sold. Personally I would skip the infant carrier and just get yourself a good convertible car seat and a sling to carry baby in.
    aeneva

Answer by aeneva at 11:22 PM on Mar. 30, 2011

• I love Graco.. my df thinks im weird cause i don't want nothing other than graco lol
    proudmommy690

Answer by proudmommy690 at 11:27 PM on Mar. 30, 2011

• I have a baby trend and love it. I like the Graco too though. I had an evenflo and hated it.
    teachermama924

Answer by teachermama924 at 1:35 AM on Mar. 31, 2011

• Im not a fan of either one. For infant seats I would only use a britax or Chicco. For a convertible carseat Graco and Evenflo have terrible padding. We have a Britax Boulevard and there is plenty of soft padding behind the head area, but all the Graco carseats have only a flimsy cover and no padding behind the head. I looked at alot of convertible carseats and nothing compares to the comfort and safety of a Britax.
    wood1980

Answer by wood1980 at 8:11 AM on Mar. 31, 2011

• It depends on your budget, your child's weight and age, and what you are looking for in a seat. Graco has seats with higher RF limits then Evenflo. Are you looking for an infant seat, or a convertible? How old/big is your child? Are you looking to RF past 35 lbs? How long do you plan to harness once you turn FF? How much do you want to spend?

All seats meet the same safety standards, though some go slightly above, and have convenience features as well. The Graco seats I have, have great covers and my kids are comfortable in them. I'm not saying Britax is a bad seat to get, but it can be very pricey, and you can get just as good a seat for much less, if you want to. Heck, you can get an ERF seat for as little as $50, and for as much as $250, it depends on what you are looking for.
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 10:39 AM on Mar. 31, 2011

• I only use Graco! But, you just need to make sure it will fit right in your car. To make sure it will work right and safe for your child.
    Novmeber2006

Answer by Novmeber2006 at 10:28 AM on Apr. 1, 2011

• I actually have one of each! I love my Graco one, but it's super heavy, with ot without DD in it. It's also a big snug, and DD is getting long. I just switched to my Evenflo one this week (I bought it while traveling cuz I didn't know I could check them for free), and DD has more room to stretch. It's also lighter to carry.
    JustCantWait88

Answer by JustCantWait88 at 5:27 PM on Apr. 2, 2011