ADD/ADHD. a new solution!

So me and my sis and bro are ADD...or so my mother was told. We have all joined the military on some scale or anouther and we have all been sleep apnea tested. WE DON'T ENTER REM SLEEP. our docs (who did not confer all in different states) said that we weren't getting rested and so showed ADD symptoms.

Would anyone with an ADD/ADHD child be willing to get a sleep study done if it removed the label of ADD/ADHD from there child?

I did with my oldest, she now takes a pill which helps to relax her mind before sleep. So much better!!!

Audrice1985

Asked by Audrice1985 at 11:23 PM on Mar. 30, 2011 in General Parenting

• what pill ?
    letstalk747

Answer by letstalk747 at 11:30 PM on Mar. 30, 2011

• I think ADD is a catch all when they can't or won't try to diagnose what the real problem is and there are way too many children in this country on drugs. A friend removed all red dye from her child's diet and the docs and teachers swore she was medicating him for ADD! I say try anything you can before going to meds and have meds be your last resort.
    aeneva

Answer by aeneva at 11:33 PM on Mar. 30, 2011

• I think it's generic ambien.
    Audrice1985

Comment by Audrice1985 (original poster) at 11:36 PM on Mar. 30, 2011

• funny thing is I have been declared ADD but also have had sleep apnea since my teens and well I have heard that lack of sleep can cause symptoms of ADD and I am curious about that. And the only thing that helps the sleep apnea is a cpap machine, you can take pills to go to sleep but your still going to stop breathing you need the machine to force air into your passage ways to keep them clear.
    togo90210

Answer by togo90210 at 11:58 PM on Mar. 30, 2011

• I would like to encourage anyone reading this thread to also see the answers posted to this question here:

http://www.cafemom.com/answers/793315/ADD_ADHD_a_new_solution

Eek_a_Geek

Answer by Eek_a_Geek at 9:40 AM on Mar. 31, 2011