Is it a good idea to make my husband celebrate chrismas for our baby

my husban doesnt really celebrate holidays

nicolia

Asked by nicolia at 11:47 PM on Mar. 30, 2011 in Holidays

• I don't think you can actually MAKE someone do anything.  Either he'll consent and let YOU celebrate or he won't.  What do you want to do?  Personally we celebrate but we don't do gifts.  My husband doesn't believe in celebrating with gifts.  SO, for the first few years he let me celebrate to my hearts desire but now that our kids are getting older, we have gone with his beliefs.

MrsHouston47302

Answer by MrsHouston47302 at 11:52 PM on Mar. 30, 2011

• Yes, try to convince him that he should celebrate christmas as a family tradition. Make it holiday vocation that you all can enjoy. Take him to christmas plays, skiing and etc. It is wonderful tradition that all the kids in his class will talking about and your child will remember for years to come. What kind person did you marry, that he would not take this opportunity to make this day special for all you.
    singlemom18yrs

Answer by singlemom18yrs at 12:09 AM on Mar. 31, 2011

• You can't make him do anything. But you 2 can come to a compromise as to how you will celebrate in a way that will benefit your child.
    KateShesGreat3

Answer by KateShesGreat3 at 9:00 AM on Mar. 31, 2011

• I say compromise on what you will set as traditions to do on those days
    smileynikki712

Answer by smileynikki712 at 6:06 PM on Mar. 31, 2011

• No. I'm also baffled that you feel you control your husband, and can make him do something. I don't see that ending well.
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 7:18 AM on Apr. 1, 2011

• you are the life of the party! or...family shall i say
    Liz4Life

Answer by Liz4Life at 9:38 PM on Apr. 1, 2011

• If he doesn't believe in the religious aspect, then fine. But Christmas is about other things too and he can celebrate that stuff with you,like family, Christmas Spirit, etc.
    luvschocolate

Answer by luvschocolate at 8:39 PM on Apr. 2, 2011