Is there any diffrence between the baby botle brands or are they all the same?

nicolia

Asked by nicolia at 11:52 PM on Mar. 30, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Well I think most are bpa free now but in general yea they are pretty different. Not so much the bottles but nipples are. If you want a bottle to use while breast feeding you will want to find one that mimics the breast most. Sometimes baby's don't like the first kind you give them. Also if your baby has colic or acid reflux I recommend dr browns bottles. Hope I answered your question
    mommyofone15

Answer by mommyofone15 at 12:03 AM on Mar. 31, 2011

• Huge difference.

Avent ones leaked all over. They were supposedly better at minimizing gas bubbles, but I really didn't see any difference between them and other brands in that regard.

We had much better luck with the cheap plastic Evenflo bottles.
    Eek_a_Geek

Answer by Eek_a_Geek at 12:07 AM on Mar. 31, 2011

• i don't know about brands, but the bottles that have the bags are best for the baby. it keep air out of the bottle so that they're little tummies don't hurt as often.
    TiffanieK

Answer by TiffanieK at 12:09 AM on Mar. 31, 2011

• YES, I WOULD BUY THE BOTTLES THAT BROWN COMPANY SELL IN (GLASS) . THEY SEEM TO BE THE SAFEIST.UNTIL YOU BABY GETS OLD ENOUGH TO THROW HARD.THERE ARE MANY BRANDS OUT ON THE MARKET. BUT BECAREFUL ABOUT THE PLASTIC THAT YOU BUY. WHEN IT IS HEATED, IT TURN INTO DIFFERENT COMPOUNDS.
    TAYLORBRYCE

Answer by TAYLORBRYCE at 12:11 AM on Mar. 31, 2011

• I think there is a big difference in brands. We use playtex drop-ins which are my favs, they have the bags so you can push air out it helped a lot with my son when he was younger and had gas! The only down side is having to buy the liners because they are 1 times use you spend about $6 for 50 count. I also liked avent bottles and playtex advance, keep in mind all these bottles come apart so its easier to clean. These bottles have a wide nipple so it was good for breast fed babies too ; )
    jadensmom14

Answer by jadensmom14 at 12:22 AM on Mar. 31, 2011

• Go bpa free
    Elysium927

Answer by Elysium927 at 12:36 AM on Mar. 31, 2011

• It depends on what you want. I agree with the other girls about bpa free but most bottles are these days. There are a lot of differences though. If you are breastfeeding but using bottles too then you want certain types of nipples. And some babies just have a nipple preference. I use the avent ones and love them. They do leak sometimes but usually if you re-open them and close them it stops. I hate the Dr. Brown ones. But I think I'm a minority on that. Born Free and Breastflow also have great tops if you are also breastfeeding. I also like playtex drop-ins but don't like the playtex vent-aire. It totally depends on you and the baby.
    teachermama924

Answer by teachermama924 at 1:35 AM on Mar. 31, 2011

• They're all very different. You have to find what works best for you and your baby. Different babies like different shaped nipples and some don't know the difference. You'll also want to look for bottles that are easy to clean with out a lot of parts. I agree that the Avent ones leaked for me also. My son and I both ended up really liking Tommee Tippee brand bottles. They don't leak, they're easy to clean and my son liked the really wide nipple. They also have a special nipple for babies more prone to gas. One thing that helped me was reading bottle reviews online. I would only buy 1 or 2 and let my son try them and when I finally found one he liked a bought a couple more.
    Court128

Answer by Court128 at 2:02 AM on Mar. 31, 2011

• teachermama924: I hate Dr. Brown ones also. SUCH pain in the butt to clean! Also if you're worried about gas it is perfectly safe ( ask your pediatrician) to put a drop of Mylicon gas drops into each bottle. It will immediately take all the air bubbles out and it won't hurt your baby to use it every time. Try it. It worked wonders for my gassy little boy!
    Court128

Answer by Court128 at 2:10 AM on Mar. 31, 2011

• I Agee with doctor brown bottles, only use them if you HAVE to!!! I never used them for my kids but I have baby aat 2 kids that used them and they are a huge pain!!! Too many pieces, too much to clean!
    mommyofone15

Answer by mommyofone15 at 11:59 AM on Mar. 31, 2011