SEX

me and my dh have been together for 8 years. i was wondering for those of you who are 10+ yrs. did sex ever get boring for you guys or have you gone through times of not being sexually attracted to you so? it hasnt happened to us but i think till death do us part if we live to 70 thats 40 years of sex haha

whitenena

Asked by whitenena at 12:02 AM on Mar. 31, 2011 in Relationships

• I've been married almost 12 years and no,never had a dry spell. But then again,we have a strong friendship together. I think that helps with attraction

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 10:37 AM on Mar. 31, 2011

• I have not been with my man for 10+ years. I do know it is perfectly natural to go through "dry spells".
    I have never NOT been attracted to my husband, even during times we didn't make love on a regular basis.
    If you are looking to"spice" things up.....consider: lingerie, new positions, exploring fantasies, exploring non-erogenous zones, giving each other massages, talking/writing about desires....there are endless possibilities.
    kazmia

Answer by kazmia at 12:18 AM on Mar. 31, 2011

• we have been together for 7... and yes it's natural to feel that way. we spic things up with toys from online sites, or going to a strip club together once in a while.
    Pamarita

Answer by Pamarita at 12:22 AM on Mar. 31, 2011

• We've been married for 12 years. I've maintained sexual attraction to my husband, but we do go through some pretty impressive dry spells due to conflicting schedules, pregnancies, Kid Shenanigans, stress and medical issues. The thing I've found to be true about these dry spells is that if we don't communicate about the situation, the spell will tend to be longer and more fraught with angst than if we at least joke about it and stay connected.
    Fistandantalus

Answer by Fistandantalus at 7:48 AM on Mar. 31, 2011

• Well, I've only been married for 3 and half years, but we do go through dry spells. It's normal. Just maintain that sense of intimacy and you should be good to go.
    KateShesGreat3

Answer by KateShesGreat3 at 8:53 AM on Mar. 31, 2011

• Well, this year will makes 10 years together with my DH, and I have to say that I've never found my SO not sexually attractive, and I've yet to be bored by sex with him.
    lovingmy4babies

Answer by lovingmy4babies at 9:09 AM on Mar. 31, 2011

• i wasnt saying i was going through them but yes with pregnancies and lack of sleep we have been through dry spells. i was just curious because i think when im 60 will i still want sex? will it be the same. i think about my grandma and grandpa and the divorced in their 60's so it kind of scares me. i dont want to be with my dh for that long and then things start lagging and end up in a divorce i guess their divorce shook me up a bit.
    whitenena

Comment by whitenena (original poster) at 10:05 AM on Mar. 31, 2011