I think I'm pregnant, what do I do? adult content

My name is Melissa. I'm 17 years old, and I think I'm pregnant. My period was 11 days late, and I went to the doctor today 3-30-11. What I think is my period started today. 11 days late. And my doctor told me that eventhough it started today it is a missed period. I took a pregnancy test with my doctor and my test was negative. She told me that it could be negative because my hormones arent strong enough for the test to detect. So I'm going back in the morning with a pee sample first thing. And I'm very anxious to see what my test results are.
And I have been experiencing pregnancy symptoms and that worrys my doctor.

So here is my question, Eventhough I'm "on my period" could I still be pregnant even with a false pregnancy test?

melissabeem

Asked by melissabeem at 12:12 AM on Mar. 31, 2011 in Pregnancy

• could be implataton bleeding.
    dimpsedee34me

Answer by dimpsedee34me at 12:14 AM on Mar. 31, 2011

• She knew you were bleeding and you got a negative pregnancy test in her office and she is still saying you might be pregnant?

What a quack!
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 12:14 AM on Mar. 31, 2011

• Anything is possible. I would have to imagine that by being 11 days late your hormone levels would be high enough to detect though. Most tests can pick them up before you are even late anymore. Was your cycle normally regular, or is there some wiggle room with when you were due to start?
    mandaday

Answer by mandaday at 12:15 AM on Mar. 31, 2011

• How much are you bleeding? Like a normal period, or just spotting?
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 12:15 AM on Mar. 31, 2011

• sorry, but yes you could be. our bodies are complex. your "missed period" could be from the stress of thinking you might be pregnant. on the other hand, you could get what you think is a period for three months into a pregnancy. when did you have sex that you think you might be pregnant? it is different for every woman, but i had severe nausea i.e. morning sickness and breast tenderness in the first month. if it has been less than a month since the sex you think you could be pregnant by, i would bet the symptoms are in your head. jmo p.s. i have three kids 8months, 2yrs and 4yrs old. if it has been less than a week since sex, you could take the morning after pill. if it has been longer than that, dont waste your time getting the pill......assuming you don't want a baby.
    alleaeon

Answer by alleaeon at 12:20 AM on Mar. 31, 2011

• My periods are regular. They start on almost on the same day every month. And its not like my normal periods. So things are a little confusing for me right now. I dont really know what to think about it.
    melissabeem

Comment by melissabeem (original poster) at 12:22 AM on Mar. 31, 2011

• You ill know more tomorrow. Try not to worry too much until you know either way.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 12:23 AM on Mar. 31, 2011

• Your doctor should have done a blood test. I dont know why they are making you do another urine sample. Good luck.
    Wish2Be

Answer by Wish2Be at 8:04 AM on Mar. 31, 2011

• If you are bleeding like a normal period you probably aren't pregnant. Stress and other conditions can cause you to be late.
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 5:01 PM on Mar. 31, 2011