Would you get off birth controll if it was making you fat?

After i had my baby i lost 20 pounds but when i went to my 6 week check up i got on birth controll and i ganied it all back. i never wanted to get on it in the first place but my dh wanted me to. i was on loseasonique for 3 and half months then switch to microestin witch is genric brand of loestrin and thought if will help. so please tell me what you think and is there a better bc that does not cause weight gain?

babbykrissy

Asked by babbykrissy at 12:19 AM on Mar. 31, 2011 in Diet & Fitness

• yes i would get off birth control that made me fat, depo always did that to me. desogen never did
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 12:20 AM on Mar. 31, 2011

• I didn't like BC when I used it...and I'm so happy not to have to use it anymore. DH is fixed and now there's no worries. There are way too many health risks for me to ever go back on it.
    Renee3K

Answer by Renee3K at 12:20 AM on Mar. 31, 2011

• I would call and talk to my doctor about how your birth control is affecting you. The doctor can prescribe a different one for you. At least your birth control didn't make you bitchy like mine did. I bit everyone's heads off. It was bad! My dh insisted that I call my doctor. I was very pleased when she prescribed a different birth control pill. No one's head's were rolling:)
    dustbunny

Answer by dustbunny at 12:25 AM on Mar. 31, 2011

• I would.... all my friends gained 20-40lbs off the depo so that is why I won't do it. Plus all the super hormonal bc makes me super emotional! I have the mirena and so far so good
    June_Mama09

Answer by June_Mama09 at 12:25 AM on Mar. 31, 2011

• try the IUD, ask about it . easier than remembering the pill and u pay for it and thats it. doesnt cause weight gain
    fefe87

Answer by fefe87 at 12:43 AM on Mar. 31, 2011

• I got my iud after a thorough search...tho' my doc recommended depo(injection)...but i opted for multi load as I have read that hormones make a mess with bodily functions...so i nvr thought about mirena or pills...& I'm fully satisfied & happy with the results tho' initially even now smtimes my periods are heavy,but they end after 5 days so its ok
    A11

Answer by A11 at 12:47 AM on Mar. 31, 2011

• Yes I would. I don't take birth control anymore anyways because I felt like shit for a year and half straight while I was on it. So I stopped taking it and ended up getting pregnant, haha, but in my opinion, I'd rather have my fiance wear a condom than have myself gaining weight or feeling sick from a stupid pill.
    Ash9724

Answer by Ash9724 at 12:48 AM on Mar. 31, 2011

• No, you can always workout & eat healthy. The added weight should b about 5 lbs but the other weight can still b worked off. Staying on birth control is so much more important than the gained weight, unless you want to conceive again.
    shynu

Answer by shynu at 12:55 AM on Mar. 31, 2011

• The Depo shot made me fat and I will never go that route again!
    togo90210

Answer by togo90210 at 1:48 AM on Mar. 31, 2011

• Can you switch BC methods ? I think you should try the Nuva Ring !
    Wish2Be

Answer by Wish2Be at 8:25 AM on Mar. 31, 2011