Would this have offended you?

Today I went shopping. I pumped a whole 4 oz of breastmilk for my baby in case I was out and about too long. There was a mishap in Target and the WHOLE bottle leaked. I then got in the BACKSEAT of my car to breastfeed my baby (he was crying and fussy from hunger). NOTHING was visible, I had him and my breast covered while he nursed. I was then startled by some strange woman banging on my window. She proceeded to tell me how innapropriate I was being and asked me to stop. This woman was on her way to her car and happened to spot me. I told her to mind her own business and step off. She said "Well you're not being very discreet if I knew what you were doing! I'm very offended that you would expose yourself like that to the public." I told her that I'd expose her to my fist if she didn't leave and she finally got the hint..... Would I have offended anyone else???

MarlyeGirl

Asked by MarlyeGirl at 3:52 PM on Nov. 28, 2008 in Politics & Current Events

• I would have pulled my shirt up and showed her BOTH of my titties! LOL!
    Seriously though... What the hell does she think breasts are for anyways? "Fun bags" for men?? We aren't walking, talking sex toys! Breasts have a legitimate function.
    brandyj

Answer by brandyj at 12:49 AM on Nov. 29, 2008

• That woman needs to get over herself, and FAST! You were doing nothing wrong at all. She should be glad you didn't do it in the middle of the store, which legally you can in most (if not all, i'm not sure) states.
    SamanthaAgain

Answer by SamanthaAgain at 3:56 PM on Nov. 28, 2008

• Oh my goodness yes! Breastfeeding is completely natural and this it's completely her problem, and you were in the back of the car! I mean I'd be annoyed even if she'd have said it to you when you really were on public view, you should have told her it was your car and if she insisted on staring into people's cars then it was her fault what she saw.
    haleykarson

Answer by haleykarson at 3:56 PM on Nov. 28, 2008

• UMMMMMMMM HELLOOOOOOOOOOOO? You were in YOUR car! So she was the one being nosy and inappropriate! You didn't do anything wrong, oy vey wtf is wrong with people anymore.

Christine0813

Answer by Christine0813 at 3:57 PM on Nov. 28, 2008

• uhhh yeah i would have hit her in her face. first of all your baby needs to eat second you were in YOUR car. i cant believe people now days my god.if your boob isnt hanging out while your nursing your baby and your using a blanket who are they to complain. obviously shes never breastfed befor.
    Mommy2B04

Answer by Mommy2B04 at 3:58 PM on Nov. 28, 2008

• how dare this woman do that to you .You were minding your own business feeding your child in your own car ,she must have been nosing to have noticed you in the first place,don't you worry about this one more minute ,some people need to get a life !!!

loulou332

Answer by loulou332 at 4:00 PM on Nov. 28, 2008

• Oh wow... what a stupid woman. i hate people like that. I wouldnt even talk to her. i would have just asked her if she wants some fresh milk as well because its so tasty. ;)
    m.robertson811

Answer by m.robertson811 at 4:00 PM on Nov. 28, 2008

• oh and btw. i dont even fell offenden when women breastfeeding their babies in public and you can see the boobs. It doesnt bother me at all. In fact, it would make me jealous, because i wasnt able to breastfeed 100%. Breastfeeding is the best thing you can do for your child (food - wise).

It may sound weird, but sometimes when i see women breastfeeding in public i have the thought of "wow thats beautiful"... because it really is. such a great bond between mother and child. very important.

m.robertson811

Answer by m.robertson811 at 4:03 PM on Nov. 28, 2008

• Whatta B*tch!

Shoulda punched her...
    MamaK88

Answer by MamaK88 at 4:06 PM on Nov. 28, 2008

• You were in your own car minding your own business, and that woman had no right or business approaching you like that. She invited a fight by sticking her nose where it didnt belong.
    lilmizmoore

Answer by lilmizmoore at 4:07 PM on Nov. 28, 2008