Teenage girls are ROTTEN

So my daughter is in her room and I ask her what sh'es doing tomorrow,hoping she remembered my talk today in the car but she didnt, she said I'm going to so and so house. She was bitching about riding the bus so I told her she could walk home,now she doesnt come home she goes to her friends house. She doesn't help out around here ever,she eats and goes to her room if she isnt with her friends. She listens to awful music thats some screamo crap. I told her well fuck me then who cares what mom wants right>? I mean she's is gonna do whatever she wants no matter the consequences,soon its gonna be sneaking out,then having sex,then getting pregnant. She isn't complying and I'm freaking sick of it. Why do I have to chase her down all the time? She just got out of being into trouble for a felony. She should be doing what I say. I've been fair to let her go hang with her friends,but she keeps pushing her luck. What should I do?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:28 AM on Mar. 31, 2011 in Teens (13-17)

• tell her if she doesnt shape up, u'll drop her off at school and pick her up. show her that what she has are priveleges and not rights. when she doesnt listen, u take them AWAY. ground her when she gets in trouble. teenage girls need boundaries. i know their horrible. hang in there. she needs to earn her priveleges, when she misbehaves, take them away one by one. be creative. she'll eventually turn around. tell her if she can't be trusted, u'll have to treat her like a child.
    fefe87

Answer by fefe87 at 12:39 AM on Mar. 31, 2011

• You're her mother.....you CAN keep her home from her friend's house. You set the boundries...it's up to you to be consistent and make sure she doesn't cross them.
    Renee3K

Answer by Renee3K at 12:30 AM on Mar. 31, 2011

• At 3 yrs "Mommy, I love you". At 10 yrs "Mom whatever." At 16 yrs "My Mom is so annoying." At 18 yrs "I wanna leave this house." At 25 yrs "Mom, you were right." At 30 yrs "I wanna go to Mom's house." At 50 yrs "I don't wanna lose my Mom." At 70 yrs "I would give up EVERYTHING for my Mom to be here with me." You only have 1 Mom....................
    Imogine

Answer by Imogine at 12:51 AM on Mar. 31, 2011

• Your daughter just had a felony and your main concern is having her name changed back?
    Renee3K

Answer by Renee3K at 12:57 AM on Mar. 31, 2011

• "She thinks she's the boss"

But it's your job to show her that she's not. Ground her frmo seeing her friends, Take things that she enjoys away. Make her understand they disobeying your rules carry consequences.
    Renee3K

Answer by Renee3K at 1:05 AM on Mar. 31, 2011

• Stop complaining if you are not going to step up and BE A MOM. Chase her around, get in her business, check up on her, know where she is, ground her for being disrespectful, meet her friends, etc.. DO YOUR JOB!
    Anonymous

• Teenaged girls are not rotten. You are a rotten parent; take a parenting class.

Plus if she want's to go by Taco, let her. My daughter Adrienne went by Adrey for a while, it wore off, learn to pick your battles.
    onethentwins

Answer by onethentwins at 1:22 PM on Mar. 31, 2011

• I can't keep chasing her around town gas is too much though. And she refuses to ride the bus.
    Another thing is she keeps calling herself Taco, and she changed her name to Taco on her school record so now her teachers call her that. I dont care of she wants to be called taco but she is going to keep her birth name on records. Not sure what to do about this? Is it harmless? Would you be happy or not care if your kids did that?
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 12:35 AM on Mar. 31, 2011

• i don;t have teens (yet), but it sounds like she is unknowingly crying out for attention. i have read in psychology books some children need strict boundaries to feel loved. now if you set these boundaries, will she turn around and say "thanks mom I love you"? doubt it. but later on in life, when her friends she can't live without now are knocked up and on welfare, she WILL thank you. she thinks she knows what life is all about, but she doesnt. you know this! remind yourself you love her! good luck!
    alleaeon

Answer by alleaeon at 12:38 AM on Mar. 31, 2011

• ....why did the school do anything without your consent???
    alleaeon

Answer by alleaeon at 12:39 AM on Mar. 31, 2011