Vehicle dilemma

Wrecked my Jeep. Still drivable but needs $4000 in repairs. I have liability, so insurance won't cover & I only owe $800 on the lien w my friend (so full coverage is not required). Would you return the Jeep to owner, who agreed to drop the lien in return of vehicle. Or keep it & try to fix it? Just lost my job & it was my only vehicle. Without Jeep my only bill is my phone. With Jeep, I continue $200 a month plus $170 on insurance w no income. Plus repairs.

shynu

Asked by shynu at 12:35 AM on Mar. 31, 2011 in

• You would be out more money by returning it in the long run. Pay the 800 and save money to fix it.
    thecoffeefairy

Answer by thecoffeefairy at 6:46 PM on Mar. 31, 2011

• How old is it ? What was the condition of the vehicle before you wrecked it and can you raise the money for repairs ?
    janet116

Answer by janet116 at 12:59 AM on Mar. 31, 2011

• First, do you need a car? I see you have no funds to repair. Kinda pointless to keep a car you can't fix. I'd give it back and find a cheap beater if you need to have one. When you are able, move up.
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 10:16 AM on Mar. 31, 2011

• Glad you got a job! Good for you!
    HeidisMom800

Answer by HeidisMom800 at 12:46 AM on Apr. 2, 2011

• 2001 perfect condition & no funds for repairs but I can come up w $ to pay it off if I choose that route.
    shynu

Comment by shynu (original poster) at 1:21 AM on Mar. 31, 2011

• Well good news, I got a job. I start next week. I just bought a tire today for $25 so I can take it to an after market mom & pop collision center. I think keeping it is hopeful. I'll just deal w the dented doors. Need the front bumper, grill & washer fluid pump fixed. Not sure how that got damaged. Lol
    shynu

Comment by shynu (original poster) at 7:33 PM on Mar. 31, 2011

• Thank you! I took it to the little collision center & they agreed to fix it. I'm gonna b a single mom & the Jeep fits a car seat perfect! So if I just pay it off & fix it I'll have more $ for diapers! Lol
    shynu

Comment by shynu (original poster) at 1:14 PM on Apr. 2, 2011