Do you think they should invent a birth control pill for men? adult content

I was thinking about this the other night, and I think it would be nice if they could invent a pill for guys that would stop sperm production or make him shoot "blanks" or something like that. How come us women are the ones stuck taking hormones and dealing with the side effects? I say the guys need to take on some of the responsibility too...especially those that complain about wearing condoms! What do you think?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:49 AM on Mar. 31, 2011 in Health

• They are working on this. However I agree I couldn't count on my man to remember to take it everyday. Then again I couldn't remember either!

Male BC soon Reality article.

SalemWitchChild

Answer by SalemWitchChild at 1:19 AM on Mar. 31, 2011

• Great idea but I wouldn't trust my hubby to take it! lol
    Elysium927

Answer by Elysium927 at 12:55 AM on Mar. 31, 2011

• If I'm not mistaken, there were talks about actual creating something of the sort, and I'm all for both sides taking reproductive responsibility.
    EdwinsMommy

Answer by EdwinsMommy at 12:51 AM on Mar. 31, 2011

• yes yes yes yes yes!!!
    mrstheriault

Answer by mrstheriault at 12:52 AM on Mar. 31, 2011

• I've been thinking about the same thing for years! LOL. We are the ones who have to carry the kids, too! It's just not fair!
    Kword

Answer by Kword at 12:52 AM on Mar. 31, 2011

• If I relied on my guy to take his BC pill everyday and or night..I would be pregnant an awful lot. Besides its not like asking did you bring a condom and actually seeing it being pulled out and put on.. Its not like your gonna stop and say oh hey did you take your pill thismorning lol.. and then not actually know if the guy did or not HAHA.. but if my guy could remember it I'd be all for it. lol
    JordonMichelle

Answer by JordonMichelle at 1:08 AM on Mar. 31, 2011

• I personally would not trust a guy to remember to take his BC pill. Sorry, my guy can't remember to take out the trash, I am not leaving my reproduction fully up to him.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 12:56 AM on Mar. 31, 2011

• i thought about this years ago and can you imagine how many men would not be paying child support to women who conned them...oh it happens all the time women getting knocked up for the purpose of making money. it would be a great idea!
    togo90210

Answer by togo90210 at 1:18 AM on Mar. 31, 2011

• Yeah, I think they've done that, but it would NEVER be successful. Seriously, I wish it would, because birth control messes me up so bad I can't do the pill. I know he's not a fan of condoms, but I don't think he'd take a pill.

If they had a pill, they should require military guys on deployment to take them. Especially with people being so concerned about overpopulation!

But forget it, just the thought of taking birth control would be considered way to gay, they'd just laugh at it. Not macho, ya' know!
    Adelicious

Answer by Adelicious at 1:32 AM on Mar. 31, 2011

• I was chit chatting w a police officer the other day & he was saying his 2nd child was an oopsie cause his wife missed her pill so he took the responsibility on & snipped himself. They're happily married but he took that into his own hands. So a man has a choice, just kind of extreme.
    shynu

Answer by shynu at 1:46 AM on Mar. 31, 2011