Did i sound stupid? i was talking with my mil about how sil had a big wedding and so did bil

but my dh and ended up eloping. but iwas happy we did. bc in doing this we were able to afford our couches our tv. and we able to get rings. now i feel like that sounded stupid
??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:57 AM on Mar. 31, 2011 in Holidays

• It's not stupid. People have different preferences. You chose to build your home rather than spend money on one day. As long as you two are happy with your choice, it's not stupid at all!
    EverydayMomma

Answer by EverydayMomma at 1:06 AM on Mar. 31, 2011

• I sometimes wish we'd spent more on our honeymoon and less on our wedding. But my mom payed for the wedding, and she didn't get to come on the honeymoon, so I guess I didn't have a choice! LOL! I let my mom pay because it was only a big wedding because she has SO MANY friends! I even let her plan it. I would have been just as content with a very small affair.
    Adelicious

Answer by Adelicious at 1:21 AM on Mar. 31, 2011

• Nope, you didn't at all. A wedding is a single day and it's much more practical to actually buy things you need than to spend thousands on a party trying to impress people. I think you made the right choice.
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 9:40 AM on Mar. 31, 2011

• What you and your dh did does not sound stupid at all.
    jilligan362

Answer by jilligan362 at 3:32 PM on Mar. 31, 2011

• your not stupid ... it only matters what you & your DH think anyways you two love each other than it doesnt matter if its a big flashy wedding a small one or eloping it matters that you two are together :)
    hope this helps a little but this is how i see things
    proudmommy_0811

Answer by proudmommy_0811 at 3:40 PM on Apr. 1, 2011

• Nope 2 for ever happy is better and healty
    GlitteribonMom

Answer by GlitteribonMom at 4:13 PM on Apr. 1, 2011

• my parents eloped and they been together almost 30 years! if u were happy with it, thats what counts!
    Liz4Life

Answer by Liz4Life at 9:36 PM on Apr. 1, 2011

• generally speaking --- talking to MILs about their dd's (your sil) isnt a good idea -- they cannot help but take their side defensively - like you might with your child.... i got married in vegas and loved it! so i am with you about spending tons on weddings. but i have learned not to talk to my inlaws about each other - they do not keep secrets at all.
    AmaliaD

Answer by AmaliaD at 8:32 PM on Apr. 3, 2011