Sleepless mom

My 1 year old does not sleep through the night, he never has. I want to move him out of are room into a room with his brother any ideas on how to make him sleep

keona101

Asked by keona101 at 1:10 AM on Mar. 31, 2011 in General Parenting

• How often does he get up? Does he breastfeed at night or still want milk? My daughter still woke up at night for breastfeeding/bottle until about a year. Then we switched her to cow's milk and she started sleeping through the night. :) good luck!
    Kword

Answer by Kword at 1:12 AM on Mar. 31, 2011

• My aunt's little girl was the same way, eventually she just grew out of it. I know you want your room reclaimed, but he's still rather young. Perhaps get some kind of stuffed animal and declare it his 'protection animal' that will help him sleep through the night if he hugs it... simple solution, but it can be surprisingly effective.
    EdwinsMommy

Answer by EdwinsMommy at 1:25 AM on Mar. 31, 2011

• 4 possibilities is he on cereal if not get him on it and right before bedtime feedhim. possible teething too. possible ear infection and last possibility is he is not napping enough. mine did that for a long time i made him start taking a nap again he is asleep by 930 pm and doesnt wake up til I wake him up at 830 am.
    opinionatedmom

Answer by opinionatedmom at 1:40 AM on Mar. 31, 2011

• Moving night lamps help sooth them in their own room. Right now having issues w my sisters 3 year old waking up the house walking around crying 4-5 times a night. I usually just listen to make sure it's not severe & lately he'll walk back to his room (after he acts like he's dying) & goes back to sleep. Seems he's ending this phase. Cross my fingers. It's a 2, 3 & 7 year old in the room. The 7 yr old needs his sleep for school. But he bares w it too. Very proud of him.
    shynu

Answer by shynu at 2:20 AM on Mar. 31, 2011

• Just move him into his own room. Don't wake up with him every time you hear him fuss. That just makes them stay up longer.
    KateShesGreat3

Answer by KateShesGreat3 at 8:26 AM on Mar. 31, 2011