Moldy fruit...

I was cleaning out the fridge today and found a lime very much over due of needing chucked. So I had to throw out all the other fruit in the draw too. When I pulled the lime out I throw it in the trash can, then thought oh I'd better throw the rest out I don't know what it touched. When I throw the bag in the trash can I puffed the lime. My two year old was standing right there help me put stuff away when it did. Do you think that could hurt her should I call the doctor or something.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:24 AM on Mar. 31, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Nah, I wouldn't worry. The human immune system is amazing! :) Keep an eye on him and if he has any respiratory symptoms (coughing, allergy-like symptoms) you could take him to get checked out, but I seriously doubt you have anything to worry about.
    Adelicious

Answer by Adelicious at 2:00 AM on Mar. 31, 2011

• I wouldn't worry. They sneak worse things in. Just watch your child like normal. Any obvious signs would probably end up being due to weather change, not a moldy fruit.
    shynu

Answer by shynu at 2:24 AM on Mar. 31, 2011

• Should be no problem. I throw out old fruit and veggies a lot with them right there. They are 5 and 3 and have not gotten anything from the mold.
    nova.mommy

Answer by nova.mommy at 1:34 PM on Mar. 31, 2011

• no symptoms she is probably fine.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 1:51 PM on Mar. 31, 2011