How many times a night do you go check on your child(ren)?

i go her room about 10 times a night to check up. i think i'm over paranoid.

TiffanieK

Asked by TiffanieK at 2:07 AM on Mar. 31, 2011 in General Parenting

• when my DD was younger (shes 20 months) i went in at any noise, now I only go in to check on her before i goto bed.
    dimpsedee34me

Answer by dimpsedee34me at 2:09 AM on Mar. 31, 2011

• i check a few times before i go to bed, but after i am asleep i will only go check if i wake up an get out of bed for some reason or hear noise
    3HappylKidds

Answer by 3HappylKidds at 2:11 AM on Mar. 31, 2011

• I go in once a night, just before I go to sleep... However, if any of them cry out (even in their sleep), or I hear them tossing a lot, I'll go in and help them fall back soundly to sleep...However, when they were infants, they were in the room with me, and I always checked a few times a night when they weren't making much noise or if they slept for a long time (they are now almost 4, almost 3, and just turned 1).
    laird6372

Answer by laird6372 at 2:14 AM on Mar. 31, 2011

• dont have any children yet im expecting but i believe that i would probobly check on him 10 to 20 times a night because i know im way to paranoid
    nicolia

Answer by nicolia at 2:15 AM on Mar. 31, 2011

• My youngest sleeps with me so I can nurse and my two year old sleeps at the foot of our bed in her own bed. When ever I nurse the baby I check on my two year old most of the time shes snoring haha or I'll check on her to make sure shes asleep if shes in bed before me and a few times before I head to bed.
    letlovegrow2524

Answer by letlovegrow2524 at 2:19 AM on Mar. 31, 2011

• I put them to bed....then check on them once before I head to bed. My kids are 5 and 8 though. I'm sure i checked on them a lot more when they were infants because I was terrified of SIDS!
    devonNjaedon

Answer by devonNjaedon at 2:19 AM on Mar. 31, 2011

• When DD was an infant, it was about every 20 minutes, it seemed. Any noise.. I checked... No noise.. I checked to see if she was breathing. Now that she is almost 2, SO and I check before bed. And my DD's chihuahua sleeps by her bed, and as soon as that child stirs, she runs from her room to our room, jumps on the bed and wakes us up. Lol how can i be mad at 3 am, when a 1 1/2 pound chihuahua is leaping on and off the bed, and back and forth from her room to ours? She is like my little alarm system. "come quick! The child is waking!!" haha. Cracks me up!
    Mme.Langley

Answer by Mme.Langley at 2:23 AM on Mar. 31, 2011

• Well, when my DD was younger, I would check a lot. But she's 3 now and I only check in on her before I go to bed.
    KateShesGreat3

Answer by KateShesGreat3 at 8:21 AM on Mar. 31, 2011

• I go in once before I go to bed to rearrange my 2 yo in his bed and put the covers over him. My other 4 I don't check on - but I have a video monitor for my 8 month old so I can "see" her anytime.

Answer by missanc at 9:31 AM on Mar. 31, 2011

• Never with the older kids. THey are 10, 9, 8 and 5. Once they are in bed I don't bother them. I just make sure their doors are closed before I go to bed.
    My 8mo sleeps in my room. I check on him a few times before I actually go to sleep. I'm usually in there a few hours reading and writing after he's asleep. I only check to make sure he has his blanket on him. If I go to the bathroom in the night I usually check him then, too, because he moves and his blanket falls off and it gets cold in our room.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 11:41 AM on Mar. 31, 2011