Ok....So my 6month old REFUSES to sleep anywhere else but in my arms and whenever she is somewhere else she screams relentlessly! Anyone know what I can do?

raeyliNlilysmom

Asked by raeyliNlilysmom at 2:28 AM on Mar. 31, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• what you do is start a routine like a bathtime at the same time every night then lay her in her crib and walk away, every 5 minutes go back and rub her tummy and tell her "mommy is here" and then back off... then repeat...this will take some time and a few days doing but she will learn to be comfortable on her own and will be able to sleep on her own and don't forget bedtime feeding
    togo90210

Answer by togo90210 at 3:19 AM on Mar. 31, 2011

• OK! Thank you! I will try this immediately!!!! I appreciate your comment!!! :)

raeyliNlilysmom

Comment by raeyliNlilysmom (original poster) at 3:26 AM on Mar. 31, 2011

• Most people may not agree with this but try her on her belly, at 6mths im sure she has plenty of head control, so she will be ok, if you feel more comfortable watch her sleep the first few times. Both my sons WOULD NEVER SLEEP until i tried their belly, then they did great! Until now of course..lol Good luck! Also try laying her down right BEFORE you think she is sleepy, (watch for signs of fussiness) then let her fall asleep on her own after playing.
    JenzAmomOf2

Answer by JenzAmomOf2 at 7:47 AM on Mar. 31, 2011

• Yes.. Bathtime will soothe her to get her to sleep. I placed all my babies on their tummies. They change this so often. SHe may cry for awhile but this is what you will have to do. I hope this works. Good Luck hun
    Crissy9832

Answer by Crissy9832 at 9:09 AM on Mar. 31, 2011

• Sling! Mine went through this stage, so I picked up a sling that I wore around my body and just carted her around until she fell deeply asleep, then I'd put her in the crib. But the sling freed up my hands and made it so that I could get my work done without her screaming.
    SusanTheWriter

Answer by SusanTheWriter at 9:15 AM on Mar. 31, 2011

• I disagree with the suggestion to do CIO, but if that is what you choose, and it works, great. I too, would use a sling during the day. I would co sleep at night.
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 10:33 AM on Mar. 31, 2011

• try swings, bouncers, or just rock her to sleep, then put her to bed aftre she passes out. give her a good 15 mins to get into a deep sleep before moving her
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 1:04 PM on Mar. 31, 2011

• Well im not expert with baby sleep (mine is a horrid sleeper as well) but i AM against rocking to sleep as i beleive it creates a habit that baby learns to rely on to fall asleep and you end up making a rod for your own back by the time baby is 1yo and you still have to rock to sleep....the most i would do is try swaddling and give her something of yours a shirt or nighty that smells like you and using the shh pat method but only for a few minutes before backing off and letting her tire herself out a bit whislt checking on her regularily without distracting her. Crying wont hurt babies as long as she doesnt get hysterical and if you feel she is getting too worked up then pick her up and re settle. Dont worry i also have learnt the hard way with my 5 month old who doesnt sleep!! But IMHO you supply props for them, they learn to rely on them (as you have already discovered with YOU being her sleeping prop)!!
    mummsey

Answer by mummsey at 8:00 PM on Mar. 31, 2011