Would you open a new can of formula? explained....

Ds will be 1 year on the 20th of April. The last day he can use the can of formula is 5 days before his birthday(was opened on the 15th of this month). He will probably be done with it before his birthday. When would you open a new can and when would you say it doesn't matter. The can he has now is one of those 1.45 lbs cans. It is over halfway gone. Btw ds doesn't take in a lot of formula.

I am asking would you just take him off formula instead of opening a new can since it is so close to his b-day.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:30 AM on Mar. 31, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• dont get the question at all...but here's a bump!
    devonNjaedon

Answer by devonNjaedon at 2:32 AM on Mar. 31, 2011

• Keep him on until the his doctor gives him the okay to drink milk. All babies are different some doctors want them on it a little longer for whatever reason.
    letlovegrow2524

Answer by letlovegrow2524 at 2:37 AM on Mar. 31, 2011

• I would just open it and if it's not gone by his birthday then still give it to him...They don't have to be off by a year...my nephew is below the norm weight, so his doc told my SIL to keep him on formula, he's 18 months and still drinks it for extra nutrition. It just depends on the kid :)
    MOM2DYLnHAYLEE

Answer by MOM2DYLnHAYLEE at 2:53 AM on Mar. 31, 2011

• SORRY...just to clarify, He doesnt drink it all the time, he drinks milk during the day with a sippy cup and at night he gets formula to fill him up more in a sippy cup. SIL had him off the bottle at a year!
    MOM2DYLnHAYLEE

Answer by MOM2DYLnHAYLEE at 2:54 AM on Mar. 31, 2011

• I would just stop using it (if the pedi says thats okay of course) I think regular milk is disgusting and not meant for humans (we arent baby cows) lol so I would switch from forumla to a soy milk. Much healthier :-)
    devonNjaedon

Answer by devonNjaedon at 3:20 AM on Mar. 31, 2011

• You're suppose to gradually introduce milk (or whatever else you're using) into your child's diet, don't just stop the formula cold turkey because he'll be a year old. You're asking for a lot of diarrhea if you do that.
    MomMom23

Answer by MomMom23 at 9:39 AM on Mar. 31, 2011

• I would open it when it's needed. You don't HAVE to stop formula on his birthday, I would just continue to use it until you run out. Buy the smallest can available for the period of time between running out, and his birthday.
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 10:12 AM on Mar. 31, 2011

• ds takes all his in a sippy btw. he is off bottle
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 3:19 PM on Mar. 31, 2011