What are some websites where I can search for under-the-table jobs?

I know of Craigslist but what else is there? Just looking for some extra cash and it has to be under the table because I am on SSI (while in college to get a career in psychology) and if I get an official job I will lose the SSI. If I go with a job right now instead of SSI I will have even LESS money after all the expenses like daycare, lots of bus fares, such and such. Which is why I am going to school so I can get a good paying job to where losing the SSI wouldn't matter.

I appreciate any input and thanks again!

And please, no bashing. You will be reported.

CalebsMommy0220

Asked by CalebsMommy0220 at 2:54 AM on Mar. 31, 2011 in Money & Work

• You could look at care.com There are several job categories. Use the pulldown and see what is there that might be a match for you.
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 8:29 AM on Mar. 31, 2011

• Probably no where. People breaking the law (especially professionals) aren't really up for throwing there illegalities out there on the internet.
    jennifercalling

Answer by jennifercalling at 3:10 AM on Mar. 31, 2011

• you could always be a stripper ;)
    TiffanieK

Answer by TiffanieK at 3:30 AM on Mar. 31, 2011

• A website advertising illegal jobs would be too easy for law enforcement to track. If an under-the-table person is leaving that much of a paper trail, I'd be suspicious that they weren't that bright and would suspect that they won't pay fairly - and since it would be under-the-table, you wouldn't be able to gain the benefit of legal protections.
    Dr.Donna

Answer by Dr.Donna at 8:59 AM on Mar. 31, 2011

• Why don't you babysit a few kids, you can easily undercut licesned daycares and still make it. Most states say you can watch up to 5 kids without being licensed.
    yesmaam

Answer by yesmaam at 8:05 AM on Mar. 31, 2011

• I don't think there are any websites like that. Do you make crafts or anything like that? You could try opening a shop on Etsy or Artfire for a little extra cash.
    KateShesGreat3

Answer by KateShesGreat3 at 8:19 AM on Mar. 31, 2011

• You won't find them online, sorry. Employers aren't going to open themselves up to prosecution.

Answer by gdiamante at 12:33 PM on Mar. 31, 2011

• I doubt that there are websites that advertise illegal activities

Answer by rkoloms at 8:43 PM on Mar. 31, 2011

• i dont think you will find them online but you might go to places like laundary mats, local post office usual have bulleten board people leave notes on ect. .......you mite even look in to helping your neighbors for a few extra $.......good luck
    cara124

Answer by cara124 at 9:39 AM on Apr. 1, 2011

• It's lawn mowing season... You might be able to score some jobs that way. Plant flowers for people, do their gardening, trimming, weeds, etc.
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 8:55 PM on Apr. 1, 2011