Please help me!!!!!!

my daughter is 18 and she is a virgin. She has had the same boyfriend since she was 13 and loves him dearly and its his birthday today and she is spending most of today and tomorrow with him. She is wanting to loose her virginity to him and she doesn't know what she is going to do. When she asked me 30 minutes ago I didn't know what to tell her. So can you please help me tell her something supportive or something that could help her feel comfortable. By the way she is already on birth control.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:10 PM on Nov. 28, 2008 in Adult Children (18+)

• Relax, be herself and have fun! =) And make sure she shaves. hahaha
    Anonymous

• Make sure he knows to be gentle. My first time was horrible because the guy was really rough. I don't know how your family feels about alcohol, but a romantic glass of wine could really help her relax without impairing her ability to make good choices. What I mean is one glass of wine isn't going to make her unable to change her mind.
    SamanthaAgain

Answer by SamanthaAgain at 4:13 PM on Nov. 28, 2008

• thanks and we arent to strict on alcohol
    Anonymous

• I don't suppose wait is going to work? Maybe, you've got time, no hurry, if you don't feel ready then maybe it's not time? I didn't think so.
    peachqpti

Answer by peachqpti at 4:53 PM on Nov. 28, 2008

• Aww that is so sweet that your family is so open. I think that is best. Just tell her to relax, and you relax yourself, their are teens out there who are, well whores! I'm glad she is on birth control. She seems like a very mature young lady. No matter what you tell her, she is still going to be nervous and she should be.. its a big step into becoming a women. So just be honest with her. Tell her about your first sexual experience and things you liked about it, as well as things that you didn't like. Good luck!!
    Anonymous

• tell her do what you think is best but use your mind and not ur heart
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:33 AM on Nov. 29, 2008

• I would tell her that her virginity is a gift and she should search her heart and make sure he is the one she really wants to give it to. Once gone there are no do overs.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 7:17 PM on Nov. 29, 2008

• If they have been together in a relationship for five years I'm sure they know how to get started. They just need to do what they have always done and take it one step further but not sure this is the right thing to give him for his birthday. Sex is one thing. I do that myself for my guy's birthday but giving her virginity as a birthday present just seems inappropriate. What is she planning to give him for xmas?

Answer by admckenzie at 9:16 PM on Nov. 29, 2008

• i'm probably too late, but , wow, since they were 13 years old? what i told my daughter when she wanted to lose her virginity to her boyfriend of six months, was, if this doesn't work out and in five years you meet "the one" are you going to feel bad that you didn't wait for the right guy? she then later lost her virginity to the guy she thought she was going to marry and it turns out it wasn't that big of a deal. she just isn't going to sleep with anyone who isn't her "love"
    whitedog

Answer by whitedog at 9:50 PM on Nov. 29, 2008

• Wow Im really proud of her, not many girls wait that long any more. I know 18 is not old at all but girls are getting pregnant at 13 14 yrs old not days. Since shes made it that long then why does she not wait to get married to this guy if hes the one? That would make it all that more special.
    Anonymous