YUCK!

I'm starting the Atkins diet tomorrow and I bought all the food stuff I need to start my first two weeks. We I also got some low card diet foods like almond milk yuck yuck yuck, and the protein drinks yuck. I don't know if i can do this now that stuff is nasty the milk taste like dish water lol. Tho the coconut atkin bars are pretty good I could eat the whole freaken box...hence why I'm on a diet haha. But I had to open everything and try it for some reason. Not really a question I'm just kinda bored lol.

letlovegrow2524

Asked by letlovegrow2524 at 3:09 AM on Mar. 31, 2011 in Diet & Fitness

• When I did the low carb diet, I didn't buy the boxed or pre-made food. I just followed a pretty basic list of low carb foods, and seasoned them to my liking. It seemed way more appealing and was cheaper. I ended up losing about 30 lbs on it!

GL!
    Razelda

Answer by Razelda at 3:12 AM on Mar. 31, 2011

• Im a carb addict so I could never do that. Besides they have proven that carbs are necessary and limiting them will only provide a temporary fix. I find that Low fat and small portions is the best way to go. That way you are still eating what you like, and you dont feel deprived. When you feel deprived you are more likely to give up on the diet
    devonNjaedon

Answer by devonNjaedon at 3:16 AM on Mar. 31, 2011

• My dh has done the Atkins diet. I can't. It kills my kidneys. DH goes back on the diet when he has gone up a pant size. He didn't drink the almond milk. He drinks and eats foods sweetened with Splenda. Yuck! It works for him. I, on the other hand, eat some of the foods and nothing with artificial sweeteners. I modify the diet so it is not so harsh on my body. Just don't forget to exercise!
    dustbunny

Answer by dustbunny at 3:16 AM on Mar. 31, 2011

• @ Devon - I guess my temporary fix was three years and counting. I haven't gained it back and I've been pregnant twice! It was just what I needed!

GL
    Razelda

Answer by Razelda at 3:18 AM on Mar. 31, 2011

• I'm still eating carbs just not like I use to and giving up sugar for the the most part. Your brain needs carbs to function but the Atkins diet you limit your carbs for two weeks very strict then your body turns to your fat cells as primary source of energy instead of say the cereal you ate for breakfast. Then once you have finished your two weeks you can add a few more carbs until you get close to you goal weight then keep adding more cards until you can maintain your weight without gaining. Then thats your daily amount of carbs. I'm also laying light on the fats by not using butter on everything and buying lean meats.
    letlovegrow2524

Comment by letlovegrow2524 (original poster) at 3:23 AM on Mar. 31, 2011

• If it was a permanent fix then you wouldnt still be dieting lol But goodluck to you!
    devonNjaedon

Answer by devonNjaedon at 3:25 AM on Mar. 31, 2011

• Its a "lifestyle" change lol
    letlovegrow2524

Comment by letlovegrow2524 (original poster) at 3:29 AM on Mar. 31, 2011

• I've never been "on a diet" but I practically live on meat and green vegetables, with a small portion of bran for my "filler": that's breakfast. And I've had six kids and weigh 110lbs. Thing is all diets work best if they really are just a lifestyle change and if you buy foods you find disgusting, you will not be able to stick to it. You can follow the spirit of the Aitkins diet without buying that revolting stuff, and without buying special expensive "Aitkins" foods, just go for foods high in protien and low in carbs.
    judimary

Answer by judimary at 4:02 AM on Mar. 31, 2011

• When I went low carb I just started cutting out bad carbs from my diet and substituted whole grain foods. Cut our candy, cakes pastry's etc...

Answer by louise2 at 5:57 AM on Mar. 31, 2011

• @ Devon - I am not still dieting. In fact I had a bowl of Captain Crunch Peanut Butter cereal earlier, and now I am having a gatorade and a small bowl of caramel macchiato ice cream! Note I said "When I did the low carb diet", not "I am on the low carb diet".
    Razelda

Answer by Razelda at 6:52 AM on Mar. 31, 2011