How can i get thru depression while being a mommy at the same time?

Asked by MamaAdri911 at 3:33 AM on Mar. 31, 2011 in Health

• You get the help you need from a professional and take medication to treat the depression if needed. It can be done. Just don't be afraid to ask for help and you will do okay.

Answer by lori57703 at 3:36 AM on Mar. 31, 2011

• thank you, ive had depression since vey young..yes im going thru a dificult time right now, i just had a daughter 6 months ago and im 14 weeks prego again, and it gotten a lot worse. i was prescribe a medicine from my doctor that i can take while im pregnant but i too scred if it might harm the baby in any way even tho it said it was ok too take but i dont want to rist it. my depression is distroying my relationship with my partner and its getting harder and harder to fix.

Comment by MamaAdri911 (original poster) at 3:42 AM on Mar. 31, 2011

• I too have suffered from depression off and on my whole life. I choose not to take meds but I have a great support system. Many friends and family to lean on. Don't be afraid to cry, Sometimes even talking to a strainger helps. Make sure to have some you time every day.

Answer by sweetangie79 at 4:00 AM on Mar. 31, 2011

• i too got a depression when i had my baby and still get frustrated at times. Hire a maid cuz u might get stressed n get frustrated n ultimately go in a depression. try not to take any medi and engage urself in some activity which used to like before having ur kid... having depression at this time will might effect ur pregnancy..

Answer by Mrs.Khan at 4:46 AM on Mar. 31, 2011

• I too suffer and I feel your pain... There is a lot you can do. Remember you will be a better mommy when you take care of you first! Take a yoga class, make time for you, change your diet & you can treat it holisticsly... I'm about as tree huggin' hippie as they come but take meds to get through if you need them.

Answer by Elysium927 at 10:34 AM on Mar. 31, 2011

• Try going to counseling, even couples counseling could help.

Answer by Aqua_Jen at 8:06 PM on Apr. 12, 2011

• i had to take zoloft

Answer by mommyof3-2008 at 6:19 PM on Apr. 19, 2011