Do your kids friends like to hang out at your place?

I always wanted to be the "cool mom" with all the kids wanting to hang out at your place. My kids friends started to come over lately, we've had sleep overs, and I kinda like it, except they never want to go home, lol. Do your kids friends hang out at your house? do you like it?

joanie70

Asked by joanie70 at 5:37 AM on Mar. 31, 2011 in Just for Fun

• All the time. My oldest boy has kids here almost every weekend, all weekend . My middle boy has a handful of friends who are always here or they are together outside. I dont mind, alot of my kids friends dont have parents who give a rats ass about them & they were getting into ALOT of trouble before they started hanging out here.
    Mrs_Harsh

Answer by Mrs_Harsh at 6:55 AM on Mar. 31, 2011

• my kids don't even want to hang out here. they want to hang out at grannies because she lets them set on her butts all day watching tv and waits on them all the time. and i try to get them active and play, i also think my 12 yr old should be old enough to fix her own drink and get her own snack. even help out some.
    oldfashionSAHM

Answer by oldfashionSAHM at 6:57 AM on Mar. 31, 2011

• yep my place was the hang out  place. i had rules about smoking and things like that but the kids stuck around anyway. My mom was the hang out mom. Some one once asked her why she let all those kids hang out at her house. Mama replied- i know where my kids are. daddy put a pool table downstairs so we had plenty to do

mamak57

Answer by mamak57 at 7:29 AM on Mar. 31, 2011

• Yeah my husband says I am the kool aid mom you know from those old commercials where all the kids come over? lol

My older kids even had friends who stayed with us all the time. I had a couple who would stay days at a time until id have to tell them I thought it was time they went home to see their parents LOL! I dont mind it, as long as they follow my house rules and behave. Now we dont really have many over, my youngest is 6 yrs old but she is asking now for sleep overs and all that. I guess we will start having kids over again.

Answer by gemgem at 8:50 AM on Mar. 31, 2011

• Yes, they do hang out here and I love it! It can get a bit loud, a bit annoying too BUT I know where they are and what they are doing and I get to know the kids my teens hang out with. They have all been very respectful and follow my rules, and even come to me for advice once in a while. I even hear my son sometimes tell his friends "c'mon over, don't worry, my mom is cool". Give me a smile every time. The only bad thing? They can eat us out of house and home!!!!!!!!!!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:56 AM on Mar. 31, 2011

• Yup. I like it that way- I know what they are up to ;)
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 9:53 AM on Mar. 31, 2011

• I'd rather deal with a bunch of kids than not know where my child is ;)
    spastic_poodle

Answer by spastic_poodle at 10:00 AM on Mar. 31, 2011

• My son's not really old enough to have friends over all the time, but this question reminded me of high school. I hardly ever had friends over to my place. I spent a LOT of time over at my best friend's place - they had a really neat house with a very enclosed basement, so we could all hang out down there with no annoyances. His parents always loved having us there and we were never bad kids, so it was never a problem. I'm not friends with him anymore, but I miss his parents all the time!
    AdensMama0308

Answer by AdensMama0308 at 11:44 AM on Mar. 31, 2011

• Since we are new to the area my son only has one friend that comes over......BUT she is always here! They are always begging to eat together, sleep overs, etc. Sometimes it is hard for me with the baby but I love having them here. I get a kick out of watching them play together and listening to the silly things they come up with.
    MAMAPANCAMO

Answer by MAMAPANCAMO at 12:56 PM on Mar. 31, 2011

• yes my stepdaughter always wants her friends to hang out here! My husband can't stand it, but I'd rather them here than anywhere wlese!
    abutler1032

Answer by abutler1032 at 1:29 PM on Mar. 31, 2011