Is it possible....

Can you undialate (sp?)? I was dialated(sp?) at one 3 days ago and I am wondering if I could go back to zero. Probably a stupid question but I really don't have a clue.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:11 PM on Nov. 28, 2008 in Pregnancy

• Sure. I did. I was almost to 3 and I went back down to 1.
    SamanthaAgain

Answer by SamanthaAgain at 4:12 PM on Nov. 28, 2008

• No once u are dilated u are dilated u cant undulate. but u could stay that way for a while... I was 4 cm for almost 2 month
    Pooky_mommy

Answer by Pooky_mommy at 4:13 PM on Nov. 28, 2008

• i dont think once you have dialted you can go back but i do know that say your at 4cm and they break your water its possible to go to a 3 cuz there is no longer the pressure of the water pressing down. but other then that no i dont think you can undialte. and good luck sounds like labor will be on the way soon.
    Mommy2B04

Answer by Mommy2B04 at 4:15 PM on Nov. 28, 2008

• It depends who is measuring. A man will measure you small than a woman. If the same person is doing the measuring, your baby may have shifted so you were not fully dialated to a 3 but the pressure kept it open at a 3
    vsrillo

Answer by vsrillo at 4:17 PM on Nov. 28, 2008

• Yes, you can go backward. Stress can cause that.
    mama3ks97

Answer by mama3ks97 at 5:04 PM on Nov. 28, 2008