I have a 22 month old daughter that was prescribed glasses. She refuses to wear them. Does anyone have a similar situation? Can anyone offer any ideas to get my child to wear her glasses?

TattooedRockMom

Asked by TattooedRockMom at 8:50 PM on Jul. 9, 2008 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Maybe you should get like some really fun funky cool glasses and make sure to complement her over and over till she thinks she is like the coolest girl ever!! LOL!! or maybe try a strap or something that will keep them on??
    crystal_ashton

Answer by crystal_ashton at 8:57 PM on Jul. 9, 2008

• Let her decorate the things on the sides that hold them on her ears. Let her put something like rhinestones,glitter glue, or really cute, small stickers on 'em.
    callico

Answer by callico at 9:18 PM on Jul. 9, 2008

• I'm in the same boat as you! My daughter loved her glasses at first. Now she rips them off every chance she gets. The cable temples are no match for her. As a last resort, you can get the strap that goes around her head. Not a pretty choice, but it might do the trick for now. Good luck!
    lovinmystar

Answer by lovinmystar at 10:44 PM on Jul. 9, 2008

• There are children's books in the library on this subject. Scout them out and read the books to your daughter. Do you wear glasses? If not, look into buying a nonprescription pair and wear them when you read the books.
    Bevner

Answer by Bevner at 1:24 AM on Jul. 10, 2008

• buy one of those $1 pair at walmart and let her see you wear them. and get her cute frames.
    SamsMom125

Answer by SamsMom125 at 2:27 AM on Jul. 10, 2008

• I like the answers so far- with my son, we do have to use a strap over the top of his head to keep it in place, so we got one of those straps that people use to wear them around the neck (cheap) and it works great, plus it comes in all different colors.
    CharlieBoysMom

Answer by CharlieBoysMom at 12:40 AM on Jul. 19, 2008