What do you think?

Babies in utero can hiccup......

Do you think they can fart?

ArmyWife112908

Asked by ArmyWife112908 at 4:21 PM on Nov. 28, 2008 in Just for Fun

• never thought about it till now im supposing they can if the swallow too much fluid to fast and get gas....but then they have that melc um whatever the first stool is called so if they fart then that might come out sooner but usually in most cases comes out after birth .....you got me thinking now lol

bonnie-jo

Answer by bonnie-jo at 4:33 PM on Nov. 28, 2008

• i dont think so because they are getting any air into their digestive system to make gas.....
    CoreyLynn

Answer by CoreyLynn at 4:25 PM on Nov. 28, 2008

• Yes babies can hiccup, all my babies did, and you sure can feel it too. As for the farts I would hope they do not do this as this action would produce mecoundium Not sure If I spelled that right, but that is the feces the baby is making while in the womb . And if they do do this , its very dangerous and can lead to birth defects .....Hope this info helps.
    sumbeach

Answer by sumbeach at 12:25 AM on Nov. 29, 2008

• The Answer is babies in utero can not fart. It was interesting to here what everyone thought thanks!
    ArmyWife112908

Answer by ArmyWife112908 at 10:07 PM on Nov. 29, 2008