Are any of you trying to recive help this Christmas?

I was just wondering if any of you were trying to get help this christmas? And if you are where are getting it from? I REALLY need help this year. We cant even get a tree. Let alone gifts for under a tree. I have 2 kids and I really would like them to be able to have a christmas. Any info would be appreciated.

beautifulmom577

Asked by beautifulmom577 at 4:23 PM on Nov. 28, 2008 in Holidays

• I am getting help from three places this year. I go to a local food pantry. Every year St. Vincent DePaul comes in and takes signups for a huge food basket and a gift certificate to our local grocery store, and they take clothing sizes and toy preferences of our children.

We have a store here called Bass Pro Shops, and they contacted my oldest daughter's school to get names of kids. I received a call that they wanted to put both my girls names on that list, and I accepted.

Thirdly, both my girls (they are 13 and 7) are going on a clothing shopping spree at our Kmart on Dec 17th through something called the "Exchange Club".

I tell places Im getting help elsewhere, but I was told it was okay, because I get disability, and the schools know my situation.

Marsha
    lilmizmoore

Answer by lilmizmoore at 4:45 PM on Nov. 28, 2008

• I also want to add that the best place to ask for help is by calling your local welfare dept. Even if you dont get assistance from them, they are a great information source.

Also, local churches might be able to help your family. I know it is hard to place a call or write out of the blue, but it can yield positive results. At this time the end of November, it might be very difficult to get help right now, but churches would be a good option at this point.

Sometimes the Salvation Army and local township trustees offices get donations of trees for those in need My family used to donate a tree every year when we were able. Id surely give it a try!

I do hope you can locate some help. Try this site; www.wishuponahero.com. It is a wonderful place of people who might be able to help you. I am under the name 'theemptyhanger' there.

Blessings,
    Marsha
    lilmizmoore

Answer by lilmizmoore at 4:48 PM on Nov. 28, 2008

• Toysfortos.org they are helping me this year. Hope it helps.
    momof5kidz

Answer by momof5kidz at 6:14 PM on Nov. 28, 2008

• My husband took on a second part time job working nights, plus he occasionally bartends as well as working a full time day job and going to school full time. This so we wouldn't have to get help. I've got me a wonderful man!

Look into the Salvation Army. Also, a LOT of people are hiring for temp work, look into a part time temp job to get you through the holidays.
    feesharose

Answer by feesharose at 12:57 AM on Nov. 29, 2008